Odd Behavior From My Oscar

afireinside

A Shrine To Madness
Reaction score
So, my Oscar has been doing this for about the past year or so, and I found it amusing, but now I'm curious to why he is doing this. I feed my fish every other day, and they seem to be fine with that. But it seems that whenever I feed them my Oscar goes nuts and lunges at the food, as if he hadn't seen food in forever (one day he actually managed to jump out of the tank). But that isn't what concerns me. What concerns me is when he's done eating, it's as if he gets super pissed off. He darts at my blood parrot and severum, and will attack the glass, and that will go on for about a good half hour before he either is tired out or calmed down. My water perameters are the same as they've always been, everything is fine, so I doubt that is the problem, but is this just a personality thing? I'd really like to know.

I suspect that the whole feeding thing makes him feel territorial and possessive (about the food). I guess this triggers his little aggressive bouts after feeding time.

I agree with Hamfist, mine are all fed twice a day, small amounts and I havnt seen this behaviour

He needs to be fed at least once a day. Honestly, Boris would eat all day if he could. He'd be thoroughly p££%%d off living in your house without his daily grub :lol:
He's had his dinner already, but is eyeballing me right now wanting more....

feeding at least once a day will remove a lot of the aggression for the food

I guess, I just want to make sure I'm not over feeding them. Okay, I'll try feeding them everyday from now on.

Most reactions

Back