Quantity for sale: 1
Reason for Sale: I don't want to use it
Delivery or Collection: Collection only please
Sales price: £35
Postage & Packaging: N/A
Photograph:
TMCVectonUVSteriliser.jpg

Hi

I have for sale a TMC Vecton 15 Watt UV Steriliser in good working condition. Here is some info from the internet about it:-

The 15 watt UV unit is suitable for tanks of up to 95 UK (430 litres) with a maximum flow rate of 285 UK gallons (1300 litres) per hour.

What Are The Benefits?

- Reduces bacteria and pathogen levels in the aquarium.
- Improves water quality for aquarium inhabitants.
- Significantly reduces the risk of disease spreading in the aquarium.
- Aids the introduction of new fish into the aquarium.
- Eliminates the risk of toxic tank syndrome caused by bacterial or algae blooms.
- Controls the level of yeast and moulds in the aquarium.

The unit should be inspected regularly. The UV lamp inside the Vecton unit has a life of approximately 6 months continuous use. After this period the UVC output from the lamp is no longer sufficient to give effective bacterial control. Use the date indicator on the top of the unit to point to the month when first installed, and the lower arrow will point to the month when the next lamp change is due.

I'm not sure how long the UV tube has been used for before I bought it (I haven't used it at all since I bought it), so I would recommend buying a new UV tube in 3 to 4 months time.

Also the smaller part of both of the hosetails has been cut off (before I bought it) so they only accept 16mm tubing or bigger, you can however buy new hosetails online (see link <a href="http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalogue...sterilisers.asp" target="_blank">http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalogue...sterilisers.asp</a> for the web site that sells them, they are the 3/4" ones not the ones for the V2 Vecton unit).

See link <a href="http://www.tmc-ltd.co.uk/downloads/instruc...vecton-uv-e.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.tmc-ltd.co.uk/downloads/instruc...vecton-uv-e.pdf</a> for the web site where you can download a PDF document of the TMC UV Steriliser instruction sheet.

The picture I've shown is of a 8 watt unit from the internet (it looks exactly the same as mine though).

If you need the size of the unit please ask.

Thanks

Catherine x

r u willing to post? if so i would take it from you :angel:

Hi Gzylo

I would prefer collection as the UV is fairly heavy, but I will post if collection I'd definitely not an option for you.

I've got the size and weight of the unit below, plus the different postage prices of the different services that can be used.

Here's the size and weight.
18 1/2" long
8" wide (front to back, also includes the hosetail in that dimension)
3" deep
Its weighs 2.509kg.

Here are the approx prices of postage, please bear in mind that these prices are before packaging is added to the UV, so the cost maybe be more, I'm not exactly sure by how much but the prices will give you a rough idea.

Standard Parcels - £7.06
Delivery aim 3 days
Not tracked
Compensation up to £39

1st Class Recorded - £8.97
Delivery aim 1 day
Proof of Delivery
Compensation up to £39

Parcelforce 48 - £12.99
Guaranteed delivery 2 days
Tracked
Compensation up to £150

Parcelforce 24 - £16.99
Guaranteed delivery 1 day
Tracked
Compensation up to £150

Special Delivery - £21.65
Next Day by 1pm
Tracked
Compensation up to £500

Payment would have to be Paypal if the unit was being sent by postage.

Please PM me Gzylo if you want to go forward with purchasing the unit.

Thanks.

r u willing to post? if so i would take it from you :angel:

Hi Gzylo

I would prefer collection as the UV is fairly heavy, but I will post if collection I'd definitely not an option for you.

I've got the size and weight of the unit below, plus the different postage prices of the different services that can be used.

Here's the size and weight.
18 1/2" long
8" wide (front to back, also includes the hosetail in that dimension)
3" deep
Its weighs 2.509kg.

Here are the approx prices of postage, please bear in mind that these prices are before packaging is added to the UV, so the cost maybe be more, I'm not exactly sure by how much but the prices will give you a rough idea.

Standard Parcels - £7.06
Delivery aim 3 days
Not tracked
Compensation up to £39

1st Class Recorded - £8.97
Delivery aim 1 day
Proof of Delivery
Compensation up to £39

Parcelforce 48 - £12.99
Guaranteed delivery 2 days
Tracked
Compensation up to £150

Parcelforce 24 - £16.99
Guaranteed delivery 1 day
Tracked
Compensation up to £150

Special Delivery - £21.65
Next Day by 1pm
Tracked
Compensation up to £500

Payment would have to be Paypal if the unit was being sent by postage.

Please PM me Gzylo if you want to go forward with purchasing the unit.

Thanks.

pm send

Hi Gzylo

I sent you an email and pm on here a few days ago regarding the cost of the UV unit when it is boxed, but by mistake I put it was 2.5kg when it was in fact 3.5kg when its packaged in the box, however it doesn't make any difference to the cost of the postage I gave you.

Please let me know if your still going ahead with purchasing the UV.

Thanks.

Hi Ryanred5

Please re advertise as I do no longer need the uv

sorry and thank you for effort.

Most reactions

Back