Nothing In Tank

Fantail_John

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
A few members will know I will be moving my main tank hopefully next week, I will be doing a way with all the plastic plants and other deco and starting to build a more realistic aquarium, with low maintained plants.

My question :) when I have moved the tank to new place and will it back up, at this point the fish will be a little stressed, so don't want to be messing round with it by placing new plants and wood, so will the fish be ok just with water in for 24 hours or should I do the lot in one? planting and placing the wood. Or if anyone as another idea It will be most welcomed :good:

What fish do you have in there? If they're stressed they'll probably want to hide, which they can't do if you've got no hiding spots! :)

I'd leave the fish in the bags while you roughly get some plants and wood in there; no need to do a proper aquascape; just something to gice the fish places to hide; plastic plants and/or flowerpots if nothing else.

I'd leave the fish in the bags while you roughly get some plants and wood in there; no need to do a proper aquascape; just something to gice the fish places to hide; plastic plants and/or flowerpots if nothing else.

I thought about buying a few plants the morning before I move the tank, and placing them in the tank with the wood I have got soaking, plus I will place the deco ornament cave, and all can be done slowly the aquascape? will this be ok! Thank's for the feedback most welcomed :good:

Yes, that'll be fine. They just need some kind of cover, or they'll get stressed; they don't care if it looks pretty. Fish do feel more secure over some kind of substrate, IME, so if you can get some sand in there, even if only a few handfuls for the moment, the cories will love you :)

Yes, that'll be fine. They just need some kind of cover, or they'll get stressed; they don't care if it looks pretty. Fish do feel more secure over some kind of substrate, IME, so if you can get some sand in there, even if only a few handfuls for the moment, the cories will love you :)

I'm not taking out the substrate, as I'm only moving it 6 feet away, so will have the substrate in :)

I'm not taking out the substrate, as I'm only moving it 6 feet away, so will have the substrate in :)
Oh, I thought you were moving house!

:lol:

Most reactions

Back