Not A Newbie

shaunza2010

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have been fishkeeping for two and half years now but tried some new fish togehter but it's a nightmare

10 neons (6 new)
4 killies
2 sunset gourami's (new)
2 swordtails (new)
2 giant danio's (new)
1 siamese fighter(new)
1 red rummy

I am wanting to keep out of th new one's the fighter and sword's so do you think that I can keep any other one's or just take them all back, I am think with the fish that i am taking back to stock back up on the rummy's but what other fish will go with the one's that are best for the tank.

Oh want to keep all my originals as they have been no problems

Can anyone help please????????????

first fighters should not be kept with gourami or tetras
what size is your tank?
you could get a small tank for the betta like a 5 gal, if you wanted to kepp the others

how big is the tank?
gouramies and bettas dont usally get on, and bettas can be picky with swordtails. the red rummy needs to be in a shoal.5 or more is good. the killifish might not get on with the betta, or gouramie, im not sure.

first fighters should not be kept with gourami or tetras
what size is your tank?
you could get a small tank for the betta like a 5 gal, if you wanted to kepp the others

I have another tank with some gold fish in it whish has a filter and heater which is only 18 litres but i know that goldie are coldfish but I could give that a try

how big is the tank?
gouramies and bettas dont usally get on, and bettas can be picky with swordtails. the red rummy needs to be in a shoal.5 or more is good. the killifish might not get on with the betta, or gouramie, im not sure.

think of taking the gourami's back as I had them before and they are the same colour as the sword's

which fish would you like to keep, we'll try make most your choices possible :good: depending on which you choose

and how many gallons/litres is the tank?

which fish would you like to keep, we'll try make most your choices possible :good: depending on which you choose

and how many gallons/litres is the tank?

85 gall

neon, killie, sword's, fighter, and then stock up on the rummy's the rest I'm not bothered about

another tank i have is 18litres with 3 common goldies

I have another tank with some gold fish in it whish has a filter and heater which is only 18 litres but i know that goldie are coldfish but I could give that a try
The goldfish definitely need a larger tank. The minimum for a singe goldfish is 20 gallons as they will grow to over a foot long if kept in the proper sized tank Otherwise their growht will be stunted and their lifespan severely shortened.

As for what you can do with the other fish, it really depends on the size tank they are in. Based on the stocking list you have, you would need about 30 gallons in order to not be overstocked.

Edit: You are fine with a 65 gallon tank. You could remove the betta and add enough neons, danios and killis and rummys to make groups of about 6 of each and still be fine.

fighters only really do well with bottom dwelling fish like cories, not too well with tetras or brightly coloured fish

and the goldfish will need at least a 40 gal for the 3 of them

The goldfish definitely need a larger tank. The minimum for a singe goldfish is 20 gallons as they will grow to over a foot long if kept in the proper sized tank Otherwise their growht will be stunted and their lifespan severely shortened.

As for what you can do with the other fish, it really depends on the size tank they are in. Based on the stocking list you have, you would need about 30 gallons in order to not be overstocked.

Edit: You are fine with a 65 gallon tank. You could remove the betta and add enough neons, danios and killis and rummys to make groups of about 6 of each and still be fine.

yeah I know this but they are still young not over a year yet but when the time is right I'll be putting them into a bigger tank

fighters only really do well with bottom dwelling fish like cories, not too well with tetras or brightly coloured fish

and the goldfish will need at least a 40 gal for the 3 of them

I just think of taking them all abck and saying that they should have never sold me them cos they should have known that what fish go with what and not, am really not happy about all this an so are my original fish cos the peace has been disturb

cheers for the info have to go and try and seperate them some how and get them to the shop in the morning thanks for the info lilfishie

Most reactions

Back