Not A Fun Phone Call To Receive While At Work

*sigh* reminds me when my dad picked up my old tank with a plec in it and it cracked. the water came exploding out and the glass made a mess. we got the pleco out in time and luckily the tank was a 6 gal (the pleco is a clown so he was small) and also lucky, we had already set up the new 10 gallon. (unfourtionatly we didn't have time to cycle and had an ammonia problem later but it is all taken care of.) Good work to your son from keepin all the fishies from pooring out!! :good:

My kids do not get any closer than three feet from my fish tank. I have them trained this way :p

lol!!

is it bad that my main concern in this matter is i hope the bat was not damaged? lol go SOX!!!!.
But really, hope the fish get rehomed soon!!

If this happened to me I'd throw the fish in the toilet then fill a bucket with water and put then there

I love baseball but hate redsox

We had a similar incident 3 yr old + plastic bat = two broken 10 gallons he accidentally broke the 1st one then got scared and somehow backed into the other one braking it also and of course out of the 4 children in the room when it happened nobody knew anything about it except the grandson (the 3 yr old) he tried to pick-up the baby guppies and baby guppies + 3 yr old chubby fingers = swished dead guppies but he was so upset and trying to hard we put the dead ones in the emergency tank (plastic toy bucket) and removed them after he went home when he comes over now he won't even go in that room unless I go with him

If this happened to me I'd throw the fish in the toilet then fill a bucket with water and put then there

I love baseball but hate redsox
Why would you throw them in th e toilet? That is chlorinated water and would kill the fish!!

I have a no-go rule as well. My fish and ratties are my babies, and bless me, I think I would have a stroke if one of my children even ATTEMPTED to go in a room with a tank with a bat in their hands. I am 6'2 and heavyset so I consider myself kinda a big momma, and I have scared my kids into tears over touching or piddling with my tanks at ALL! I have a 5 year old girl who is very good and just ignores them, except the ratties who she loves as much as I do! But my 2 year old..... Let's just say Ramius has a skull made of concrete. He head butts the tanks, he turns off power strips, he pulls out air lines to skimmers, he slobbers all over the glass.....and when I think i have all the cabinet doors child safety locked and ramie proof, he breaks the locks! He has a fascination with being electrocuted i guess, because he will crawl under the cabinet and pull an airline and suck on it to get the water coming, then unplug something out of the power strip, get it wet, hold it by the tines of the plug, and plug it in JUST enough so that it shocks him. Which of course trips my breaker, I come running, thinking, okay, THIS is the time he's killed himself.......to discover him, soaking wet, laughing like a demented loon. I have switched to heavy-duty padlocks, but the little blighter now squeezes between the tank and the wall. The next step is chicken wire.

Most reactions

Back