Noobie

WizzBang

Reaction score
Hi all, thought id just say hi

Im looking at getting my first tank(just been to look at a few :unsure: ) so any advice, links etc etc would come in very handy :nod:

WizzBang

Wlecome to the forums, and to fishkeeping. :) Remember to research fish before yo ubuy them and you should find it very enjoyable. (and rather addictive!)

:hi: to ttf when u get a tank a little advice first u should get some hard to kill fish like guppies BEWARE LOTS OF BABY FISH, get 1 male to every 2 females than maybe a few CLOWN LOACHES

Well, Ive got a tank now, a 36x15x12(i think thats a 20 gallon), I also got a heater, filter, airpump, gravel, hood and light plus a few oraments etc. I managed to find someone on Ebay that was flogging it and there were just down the road from me. The winning bid was £44, so I think that it was something of a bargain. :kana:

Its all now together and now awaiting the start of the fishless cycling, which leads me to a question.

The best and most efficient source of ammonia is (surprisingly) pure ammonia. The household cleaning variety is perfect for this use, but make sure that it does not contain any additives or perfumes before using

Where (in the UK) can I buy pure ammonia ??

Any help and pointers for a n00bie starting out would come in very handy as well

Cheers

WizzBang

ps. a couple of pics of my empty tank

tank1.jpg

tanktree.jpg

By all accounts it can be very hard to get it here :/ I found some made by Jeye's in a small local hardware store. you could aslo try phoning Jeyes to ask them if they know your nearest stockist. Or, you could use fish food instead, but this is by no means as effective.

Most reactions

Back