Noob Needs Advice

civicr

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello Im geting back into the fish scene again as my we'd boy is a bit older an now I have a bit more time for fish b4 I only bred tropical pleco l046 zebra plec which I managed very well

Anyways I've got hold of a interpet 64l(16 gallon) tank which I'd like to turn into a nano
I like to have 2 clowns in there poss a mandrian dragon is this ok?

I have external filter could I use this an what to put it it?
Also can any please give me pointers as I'm a noon to marine

Any1 in Dundee wanting to help Me ?

Many many thanks ryan

that is too small. think all you could keep is a small goby and some shrimp.

you might want to look at getting around 125l tank for them.

sorry :sad:

Unfortunately a pair of clowns needs a 25gallon tank minimum and mandarins are very hard to keep even in large mature aquariums due to there dietary requirements.

What fish could u recommend?
Also how can I use my external filter what do I put in it?

Rhanks

:hi: to the salty side of the forum :good:

The external will be very useful, it will add water volume and can house nitrate/phosphate remover or even live rock rubble.

There are a few very interesting fish you can add to a tank that size, one of them being the assessor, they are perfect for your tank and so interesting to watch - you could also consider and shrimp and goby pair, search for youtube clips, there are some good ones on there :good:

Seffie x

Thanks got my tank today
Seen a few ideas for my external tank. Install a 10-20w light an grow cheto at the bottom an top filter box crushed rock bio ball Somthing like that

Do o need some sort of skimmer?

With a tank that size, a skimmer isn't necessary. I would just suggest small weekly water changes.

It's a. 64 liter tank around 16 gallons

Is a black back ground better than a blue or just a down to the individual ?

All personal preference. I personally, like black best as it really makes colors pop, but many on here like blue better.

Most reactions

Back