Noisy pump

yoyohughes

Reaction score
I've had a Fluval Flex 9 sonce Christmas and ever since i set it up the pump hums and slightly buzzes. Eventually i got used to it in my room and its fine. But i want to move the tank closer to my bed, so does anyone know the problem or how to fix it?

The humming is probably the power cable vibrating against the side of the lid or tank. You could try padding it with a piece of sponge. I replaced the pump in my flex with an eheim compacton pump as the standard one was too powerful for my fish (and the eheim is adjustable). Now its completely silent.

Have you tried shaking it relentlessly? A few of mine make quite a bit of noise until you shake’em a bit.

The humming is probably the power cable vibrating against the side of the lid or tank. You could try padding it with a piece of sponge. I replaced the pump in my flex with an eheim compacton pump as the standard one was too powerful for my fish (and the eheim is adjustable). Now its completely silent.
Okay thank you, could you leave a link for that other pump. Sounds like i need one.

Usually when something mechanical in my house isnt working i hit it and yell at it until it either starts working or i break it at which point i buy a new one:)

Usually when something mechanical in my house isnt working i hit it and yell at it until it either starts working or i break it at which point i buy a new one:)
Same, it will work most of the time :)

Most reactions

Back