Noisy Filter

mrtash

Reaction score
Hi there,

i have set up a juwel 200 liter tank today with and externel filter sysytem, everything is running a treat, but you can hear ther filter media rattling inside the filter, those that know the sytems will know there are 3 trays inside the filter, two with round stone tubes in and one with a bag of media in, im fairly certain it is one of the tubes in the first tray that is moving, does any one have any tips to stop them rattling?

Thanks

this filter must need priming any one got any ideas it has a plunger, and i have filled the filter with water,

this filter must need priming any one got any ideas it has a plunger, and i have filled the filter with water,

bit confused here. you say it rattles when working, but you also say it needs priming. if it is not primed, how do you know it rattles when working?
if its, rattling, when dry/unprimed, its not surprising. it will also be destroying itself, water is an integral part of how any filter works.

as for how you prime it, that depends on the make of the filter. but if you place the tubes in the tank and suck the "outlet" pipe, till you get water through, then start the filter. that should do the trick, with any external.
if it still rattles, after this, i would suggest the impeller needs replacing or cleaning.

bit confused here. you say it rattles when working, but you also say it needs priming. if it is not primed, how do you know it rattles when working?
if its, rattling, when dry/unprimed, its not surprising. it will also be destroying itself, water is an integral part of how any filter works.

as for how you prime it, that depends on the make of the filter. but if you place the tubes in the tank and suck the "outlet" pipe, till you get water through, then start the filter. that should do the trick, with any external.
if it still rattles, after this, i would suggest the impeller needs replacing or cleaning.

done it m8, thanks anyway, we have lift off

Most reactions

Back