Noisy Eheim 2213

moochy13

Fish Herder
Reaction score
ive only had my new eheim 2213 for about 6 weeks, brought on the basis it was almost silent as it had to be at least as quiet aas an internal juwel it was replacing. when i set it up it was a bit louder, but i was perfectly happy with it. over the last couple of days though it has gotten ridiculously loud, annoying as its in my bedroom. the noise is 99% certainly the blades/shaft of the impellor rubbing on the plastic casing. i cant see anything wrong with it, i have already broken and replaced the ceramic spindle, and cant see a way it could be put back together wrongly.

can somebody clearly explain the steps taken in getting the filter ready to turn on please ? with regards to letting it fill, when to turn it on etc. my pipes are tapped if it makes a difference.

i can't help but i'm having a similar problem with a new 2217, i'm very disappointed as it was recommended to me as a quite filter i've had various other external filters and all have been much quieter than this one.
i've bled the filter of air as per the eheim instructions and checked for air leaks and it's still the same, the place i bought it from are no use either all they can suggest is i send it back and they will send it on to eheim which will take weeks and i will be without a filter.
very disappointed with eheim as well i've sent two emails asking for advice and they have not bothered to reply :no:

where did you get it from ? i emailed my supplier yesterday.

i got mine from "aquatics online" they were no help at all i explained that it was my only filter so i couldn't do without it ,another forum suggested trying a new impeller and shaft and i said i was willing to pay for the parts and if this cured the problem i would send the old parts back and they could refund me, but they said all they could do was for me to send the filter back and they would look at it, so now i'm stuck with a noisy filter i'm fairly disappointed with eheim i've had a problem with tetratec filters before and there service is amazing but eheim won't even mail me back, i've bought 3 new filters from them but this will be the last time :no:

See my threads if you like, I've just solved this problem!

Firstly do you have double tab tabs? heres best way to prime it

Unplug it all
Open it up
close bottom tap
Fill up with tank wanter to top
Put top on
push down till some comes out the top tap, when it does seal it
Re plug it in to the pipes
plug it in turn it on but dont open pipes
30 secs later open pipes
should be working- if not you will have to turn it off, then suck the output pipe till the suction works

now mine was working fine, but very loud, i bought new o ring, new impeller, new motor but nothing.
then by fluke i tried something and now it is near on silent

keep it running for couple of days
shake it round to remove air
sound should be coming from the head unit?
once its been running
close the taps
leave it 10 secs
turn it off
turn it on
leave it ten secs
p[em the taps

after this mine works amazingly quiet!

hpo[e this helps

thanks for that, i shall give that a go and see if it works :)

Most reactions

Back