No

I agree with crux- i used to work at a house insurance firm aswell- sometimes its covered in transit, depends on the underwriting. I would try and claim though b****r them! I had to claim on my car insurance when a chicken feed trough fell out the back of a trailer going the other way and hit my windscreen pillar. The trailer owner never stopped, but I had an un-involved witness, however the insurance company thought i did it myself! I would try to claim, after all, you don't ask you don't get :p

awww gutted for you mate

but yes plenty of insurance policies cover your property while it is in transit so you may still be able to claim. checked it out on mine as i'm a musician, my instrument is covered on my home policy but also covered if i have to take it out of the house for a concert or rehearsal. :nod:

At least all is not lost, think of it this way, yesterday you were faced with the prospect of saving up for a new tank from scratch, today, even though you might never see a bargain like that you have made a huge dent in it.

well apparently if i can show a receipt the insurance company will pay up, so i never wasted my £150, yeha. still sad though whats the chance of finding a 6'x2'x2' for that money again :(.

thanks everyone for your support and help :good:

hey, don't be upset, some people end up giving away 6ft tanks which have a damaged back panel or something (not smashed to bits...) and I'm sure 150 would cover repair bill :good:

theres a tank in bournemouth 6' ter for £125 if you can get here, its in my LFS, i would have it if i had the space.

see getting your money back is certainly betetr than nothing! :)

Most reactions

Back