No signs of illness but flashing. Suffering deaths.

Thank you, I've used 1 tablespoon per 20 litres on Thursday night in my main tank and it seems to have cleared up my issue. I watched the tank for a long time yesterday and I only seen one minnow flash on one occasion.

The minnow in the quarantine tank is also making progress. I was sure she was a goner as when I caught her she was floating in the flow of the water, on her side at the top of the tank.

I'll keep the salt in for 2 weeks and start to take it out via 30% water changes each week. If any signs of illness before then I'll up it to 2 tablespoons per 20 litres.

Thanks for everyone's help, I really appreciate it 👍

If one fish is still flashing on occasions, increase the dose to a total of 2 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres.

Keep the salt up for a couple of weeks and if it continues to rub on things, use Malachite Green or copper. If it continues after a week or that, use Praziquantel or Flubendazole to kill any gill flukes.

Thanks for your help, I'll follow your advice.

Out of curiosity, and a lack of knowledge, why do you suggest Malachite Green before Praziquantel?

Malachite kills all external protozoan parasites. Praziquantel needs more experimentation before I can say it kills all external protozoan infections, although it might.

You can try Praziquantel first if you like, it's safer.

Most reactions

Back