No Plants For Apistos?

spectrum

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was over in the discussion area just now and someone stated that tanks with apistos in cannot contain plants as in the wild the biotope is full of leaves and wood, but no plants. I had planned on apistos in the fairly distant future, and my tank is like a jungle with wood and plants, so will I need to rethink my stocking? Or was the person wrong?

The wild apistos I just got are more interested in hiding in the plants than in the caves I made :blink:

I'll second that, my male and female double reds love just hanging in the java fern mother plant that's in mine.

On a separate note, does anyone know if it's safe to mix different types of apistos?. Reason I ask is my LFS has a pair of gold apistos and a pair of blue diamonds in stock. I think that they will go well with the L numbers in my tank as the water conditions are similar.

Regards

Matt

Oh thats good :nod: I had spent ages researching them and nothing mention no plants. Whoever posted it must have been confused :lol: Thanks for the replies guys :)
I think what you mix depends on tank size and also which apistos, some are more agressive than others I think.

I was the one who said it, i didn't mean they couldnt be with plants. I meant if you wanted it to be a biotope it would have to be only wood as there are no plants in the Rop Tapajos. Just wood and leaves. They would work in a community tank with plants!

mine love the anubuis on bogwood (swimming in and out of the roots) and giant vallis

I was the one who said it, i didn't mean they couldnt be with plants. I meant if you wanted it to be a biotope it would have to be only wood as there are no plants in the Rop Tapajos. Just wood and leaves. They would work in a community tank with plants!

Oh right sorry, maybe I should have read more carefully

Most reactions

Back