No More Garfish For Me!

Don,

As everybody says don't give up!!

First time i posted pics of my tank i got alot of very negative feedback from people but i made the changes and have learnt a lot from coming on here. Most people offer advice but their is a lot who will have a pop at you. I think the whole point of having this forum is for people to come on and get the support and advice they need. I know i wouldnt be thinking about trying to put together a discus tank if i had not had the support and information given to me by this forum and the uk discus forum.

If you are going to buy fish why not go and see whats there, post comments or surf on here for information on the fish then go back and get them. Wouldn't hurt to do that. I have made errors in buying fish and its annoying but there is ways around it!!

Good luck with it all.

Hope your going to post pics of the baby crayfish cause that would be awsum!!!!

Craig

Don,

As everybody says don't give up!!

First time i posted pics of my tank i got alot of very negative feedback from people but i made the changes and have learnt a lot from coming on here. Most people offer advice but their is a lot who will have a pop at you. I think the whole point of having this forum is for people to come on and get the support and advice they need. I know i wouldnt be thinking about trying to put together a discus tank if i had not had the support and information given to me by this forum and the uk discus forum.

If you are going to buy fish why not go and see whats there, post comments or surf on here for information on the fish then go back and get them. Wouldn't hurt to do that. I have made errors in buying fish and its annoying but there is ways around it!!

Good luck with it all.

Hope your going to post pics of the baby crayfish cause that would be awsum!!!!

Craig

Thanks Craig, I appreciate you taking the time to say that.
I was a bit low last week, been working away from friends and family for too long.
But I had second thoughts, gave the tank a good clean and decided to carry on.
I've got a new tank coming tomorrow to put the crayfish in, so hopefully that's an improvement.
I'll be changing the water more often as advised aswell.
Not much I can do about the size of my main tank, the biggest comercially available tanks are a metre long.
So I'll take it from there and see what happens.

I took on board all of the advice I was given, and I'm sorry if some of my replies seemed ungrateful.

So, a fresh start, more to follow.....Cheers all, Don

That`s great news!! So glad to hear it and sorry you have been feeling low. It`s fab that you have got a new tank arriving and I am sure that you will enjoy fishkeeping for many years. You obviously care a lot for your fish and whilst, as Craig said, some people may put their views across in an unpleasant manner, I think you will find that people mostly just want to help.
Keep the updates and pictures coming, your fish are great.
Clare

Most reactions

Back