No Filter Parts...

mbeer21

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I thought it would be about time to change the carbon cartridge in my filter (been about 4 months, and the flow rate of the filter seems to have slowed quite a bit due to how gunky it is) so I went to my local pet store. They didn't stock the size I needed for my particular filter, so I just thought it was just them being a bit useless, and went to my LFS to ask instead. They didn't have it, but called up their stockist to ask... turns out the stockists aren't selling any parts for my filter till next month. Yet they've been selling the filters for nearly 5 months now!

So the LFS people said it was ok to use just a regular Filter pad cut to the same size until they get the cartridges in stock. I've used filter pads before in my old tank, but that filter had a cartridge alongside it also. Will the filter pad do the job on it's own? (there is a 'bio-grid' in the filter also, but this doesn't actually filter anything, obviously :p)

What type of filter you using?

Usually you can just cut and trim pads to suit. Regards the carbon, any special reason you have it in there? You don't actually have to have carbon in your filter. Just chuck it and add another layer of foam :good:

It's an Aqua One Clear View, a HoB. It has a carbon cartridge because that's what it came with, and what the manual says to use. There is only room for the grid it came with, and the cartridge too - one of these

It's an Aqua One Clear View, a HoB. It has a carbon cartridge because that's what it came with, and what the manual says to use. There is only room for the grid it came with, and the cartridge too - one of these

Ah, see what you mean now, sorry.

Can't you just order a couple online...they must be cheap on the likes of fleaybay

No, it's the actual company that hasn't started selling it, not just my local stores unable to get it. I've looked on ebay and even a google of the part doesn't come up with a single result :/

No, it's the actual company that hasn't started selling it, not just my local stores unable to get it. I've looked on ebay and even a google of the part doesn't come up with a single result :/

This is the one right?My link

My link

Plenty of places showing them in an online search

Btw, I'm in Israel and have bought parts and such from sellers on fleaybay who were based overseas. Usually it's just a question of mailing them your address and asking for a revised quote on the shipping. More often than not most sellers are okay with this and with the parts you need, they're very light and not bulky either. You could easily order a few pcs of the cartridge with a very low delivery cost. :good:

No, that's the next size down sorry :) I just used it in my example image because there wasn't any in the size I need. That's 55c, my filter needs 56c.

Most reactions

Back