No filter? No kidding

foxgirl158

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Found this monstrosity on my local FB marketplace. Have you come across any disgusting tanks or setups? If so, share them here!

C6736E59-7F34-4CEB-99FF-3B0D724FD420.jpeg

1D750DF4-55F1-4E09-A560-61832FBA91EC.jpeg

That looks like someone has lost interest or just can no longer afford to keep fish

It would take some serious elbow grease but the aquarium can be reused and its not expensive to replace equipment, substrate etc....would be worth the hard work to get it right again and flourishing

I have seen plenty of tanks like that. As @wasmewasntit said, it's usually due to people losing interest or not being able to maintain the tank anymore. It's a pity it happens but things happen and not everyone is able to keep looking after fish for whatever reason.

I have seen plenty of tanks like that. As @wasmewasntit said, it's usually due to people losing interest or not being able to maintain the tank anymore. It's a pity it happens but things happen and not everyone is able to keep looking after fish for whatever reason.
One reason is getting old. I wanted a bigger tank but I'm not able to horse one around by myself anymore and have no helpers. I will have to content myself with nothing larger than a 20 high. The day is coming when a 10 gallon might be a big tank for me.

Wish I could go get it. My parents say no more tanks though :(

Wish I could go get it. My parents say no more tanks though :(
I assume you're a minor? For I do get it why parents would limit the number of tanks. But I also get it, when you're an enthusiastic minor that you'd like to have multiple tanks. This goes not just for minors but also adults of course.

Btw, a tank without a filter doesn't have to look bad though...

I assume you're a minor? For I do get it why parents would limit the number of tanks. But I also get it, when you're an enthusiastic minor that you'd like to have multiple tanks. This goes not just for minors but also adults of course.
Yes I am a minor, although I am well above the age limit for this forum :)

Yes I am a minor, although I am well above the age limit for this forum :)
One reason that a lot of parents will recognize is when their children want to have a pet or pets, that they might loose their interest in those pets when they hit puberty. A lot of teenagers will have more interests during their teens. Which could lead to the fact that parents have to take care of those pets at some point. Of course, this doesn't go for every teenager. But a lot do. It's one of the worries of parents. But also the costs are in play when keeping multiple tanks. And no worries... I had the same problem during my teens... And remember... at some point, you will become one of your parents one day... It's pretty ironic... ;)

One reason is getting old. I wanted a bigger tank but I'm not able to horse one around by myself anymore and have no helpers. I will have to content myself with nothing larger than a 20 high. The day is coming when a 10 gallon might be a big tank for me.
I know that feeling. I used to move 4 ft tanks around and then it was 3ft tanks and now it's 18 inch tanks

Same here, I'm working my way down. I used to be able to handle a 55g no problem, gave it up for a 40 breeder

Most reactions

Back