Nice Thing To Wake Up To

jason007

Reaction score
well i woke up this morning put the kettle on and went to feed the fish and what a suprise i had my german rams have laid about 150 eggs :good: and they look like they are guarding them from all the other fish witch looks like a good sighn. so does anyone know when they start to hatch cheers jason

and i thought this would be a rude post...

Sorry - can't help you with the time frame

Should hatch in 2-3 days, congratulations :good:

cheers all does anyone know if they will eat crushed up fine flake foods as i was told that it might kill them

well i cant belive it the eggs hatched today and i can see just over 100 baby rams im well chuffed

congratulations!!! You're an uncle..grandfather..step dad.. um...something along those lines.

does anyone know why they keep picking the fry up and moving them to diffrent parts of the tank

It is normal for them to move the fry often. They might also dig pits.

yeah they will move them about for lots of reasons, move out of the way of the flow, move where they think they'll be able to grab food easier. or literally cause they feel like it :good:

cheers all they are all doing well but they are so small its hard to see if they are eating or not. they look like grains of sand swimming around
cheers jason

what a shame parents have eat all the babys oh well maybe next time

Congrats and commiserations!
They must be really interesting to watch when they're in breeding mode. Hopefully they'll get the hang of it soon :)

Skittles

Most reactions

Back