Ammonia dropped in yesterdays test to 1ppm with nitrite test still showing pink. Will test again around 7pm tonight.

Just done my latest tests with ammonia down to zero and topped up again, nitrites still showing pink.

Ammonia dropped to zero and i've topped up again, nitrites showing a more purple shade of pink now and when i tested for nitrates they showed at 80ppm. All seems to be going well.

Hi.

It seems as though you may be one of the lucky ones who cycles through phase 1 very fast.

Dont bother testing for Nitrates it is just time consuming & not usefull yet.

Looking good :good:

All test went well and as planned so today i've added my first fish, 2 dwarf gouramis and 4 angelfish.

when should i give them their first feed?

Did you finish your cycle as in did you run your tank for 7 days with results of 0 for both ammonia and nitrite. Cause if you didn't you may find you'll end up in a mini cycle somewhere along the line.

Cycle ran for 4 days with zero readings in both ammonia and nitrite after topping up each day.

All seems well so far, i only have plastic plants so how long should i be keeping the light on for?

Unfortunately i've lost one of my angelfish, all tests ive done are fine so i'm at a bit of a loss as to what caused its death. it seemed a very shy fish so i don't know if it was being bullied.

I would dose at night and test in the morning, give or take about 12 hours, lost another angel this morning. ammonia test is clear as is nitrite, with nitrate around 40ppm.

Well, something seems wrong here but I can't put my finger on it. I always feel quite concerned when fishless cycles seem to end in the 3 to 4 week range, it just isn't long enough for a standard (no mature media) one usually. But that may not be it. It may be something else we're so far overlooking.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back