Mia S

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just being polite and saying 'hi' :). I live in Narrawong, country Victoria (Australia), so all my tanks run on rain water. Ive been using this forum for many years, without ever becoming a member, but I have a lot of time on my hands lately so decided now may be a good time lol.

Looking forward to learning and maybe even contributing my limited knowledge

Howdee & Welcome :)

If you use rainwater you might want to add some mineral salts to the water to increase the hardness of it. Rainwater has no minerals in it and this can cause the PH to drop rapidly. Adding mineral salts, primarily calcium & magnesium, will help stabilise the PH and prevent it from dropping suddenly.
Having some limestone or shells in the tank will do the same thing.

Howdee & Welcome :)

If you use rainwater you might want to add some mineral salts to the water to increase the hardness of it. Rainwater has no minerals in it and this can cause the PH to drop rapidly. Adding mineral salts, primarily calcium & magnesium, will help stabilise the PH and prevent it from dropping suddenly.
Having some limestone or shells in the tank will do the same thing.

Yeah right, thanx 4 that, never even thought of it lol. Luckily I do have some big shells in the tank, I only put them in as hiding places for the fish.

Most reactions

Back