Newbie with stocking questions for larger tank

In addition to the volume increasing from 60 liters to 200 liters (= 15 gallon and 50 gallon, in round figures), we need to know the dimensinos (length and width) as this is the surface are of the substrate and the water surface, both crucial aspects of fish needs.

There are some stocking issues with the existing fish, regardless of the tank. Hillstream Loaches do not work with the other fish mentioned. They have very demanding and different requirments respecting water current and temperature. The Hillstream Loach could remain in the 60 liter tank, with a suitable aquascape: good current from the filter, room temperature, and smooth river rocks for grazing. None of the other mentioned fish will bee healthy in this environment so theey can go into the larger tank, with increased numbers for the shoaling species.
What fish do work with loaches, purely out of curiosity

What fish do work with loaches, purely out of curiosity

Not many, due either to the lower temperature or to the water current. But it would be best for the fish and for your entertainment to have a group of six. In its habitat it lives in large group and males will "defend" their territory (selected on the basis of available food) by "topping;" when a second male invades another's territory, one fish tries to cover the other in a test of strength, termed "topping." There is rarely any damage inflicted, and one fish eventually retreats. The dominant males claim the best algae areas as their territory, while females tend to congregate in other areas. This fish must be in groups of at least six, or it can be very withdrawn and inactive.

Not many, due either to the lower temperature or to the water current. But it would be best for the fish and for your entertainment to have a group of six. In its habitat it lives in large group and males will "defend" their territory (selected on the basis of available food) by "topping;" when a second male invades another's territory, one fish tries to cover the other in a test of strength, termed "topping." There is rarely any damage inflicted, and one fish eventually retreats. The dominant males claim the best algae areas as their territory, while females tend to congregate in other areas. This fish must be in groups of at least six, or it can be very withdrawn and inactive.
Toppping is very common with stingrays as well if I’m not mistaken, must be the shape!

Update
So I set up and cycled my new tank. Moved all the fish into the new one so that I could look at setting up the old tank specifically for the hillstream loaches. Just before I set about removing all the plants and decorations I happened to see a very small movement out of the corner of my eye. Got out my phone, magnified what was moving...its a baby hillstream loach! The old tank will have to stay put as it is for the time being

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations!!! That is so very exciting! How do you think it got there?

Were you able to find out the hardness of your tap water? I think there are a bunch of great fish that can go into your 200L tank, but like others have mentioned I want to make sure you get appropriate recommendations :)

That's so great that you are keeping both tanks, it will be so neat to see the baby loach grow up!

Update
So I set up and cycled my new tank. Moved all the fish into the new one so that I could look at setting up the old tank specifically for the hillstream loaches. Just before I set about removing all the plants and decorations I happened to see a very small movement out of the corner of my eye. Got out my phone, magnified what was moving...its a baby hillstream loach! The old tank will have to stay put as it is for the time being
Did you add another hillstream loach?!?
If you still have the one hillstream I think you probably have a cherry barb fry. Congratulations :)

Naughts I rescued some type of Sewellia that were going to be flushed as the owner didn't like them. Figured they were better off with me than in the sewer

Naughts I rescued some type of Sewellia that were going to be flushed as the owner didn't like them. Figured they were better off with me than in the sewer
Aaah, makes more sense now! Congrats!

Most reactions

Back