Newbie to the Group

LivingstoniBoi

Reaction score
Hey y'all! I'm a newbie to the forum. A little bit about me:

I'm an avid fishkeeper who loves to talk and learn about fishkeeping. I started fishkeeping at a young age with a typical 20 or 30-gallon tank (I don't remember what specific size). The fish didn't survive for long as neither of my parents knew how to manage a fish tank. I've also had unsuccessful goldfish and betta bowls throughout my life.

Last year, I got serious with the hobby and got myself a 55-gallon long tank, which is my pride and joy and the only tank I have. It has been through many renditions over the past year—everything from livebearers to large African haps and many angelfish. I am currently working on a setup that will be my final and permanent setup (with no changes in fish unless nessacary), which is why I joined this group. I've been seriously thinking about cichlids for my tank, and I felt that y'all could help me with my decisions.

This is my current tank setup: 1 Juvenile Oscar, 1 Juvenile BGK, 2 Leopard Bushfish (adults), 1 Striped Raphael catfish, 1 Pictus Catfish, and 1 Featherfin Squeaker Catfish. I know the setup sounds chaotic for a 55-gallon, but I will remove the Oscar, BGK, and Pictus soon, leaving me with the bushfish, raph, and squeaker.

If you want to learn more about my setup and the process of coming up with appropriate fish for my tank, check my threads on MonsterFishKeepers.com. My username there is SilverArowanaBoi@.

I'm excited to be here and hope to learn more about fishkeeping and meet some awesome people.

Most reactions

Back