Newbie To The Forum!

shellieb353

Reaction score
Hi all. I am a newbie to the forum. I have recently rediscovered my fish tank. Let me elaborate on that a bit. I have a 75gal freshwater tank. Fluval 404 filter. I have had this tank for almost 10 years, and have always had fish in it. For the last 3 years I have had a horrible "green water" problem that no matter where I turned or tried nothing worked. About a month ago I was online and came across an aquatic store in CA so I called them and like many before, asked them about my green water issue. Before I could even finish the description of my problem they told me I needed a UV Sterilizer. I learned something new that day...free floating alge. I rushed out and purchased one and a pump. Hooked it up independently from my canister and in 3 days my water is in perfect condition and sparkling!!! I can see my fish, they can see me, all is happy once again. I have a pleco and a black shark, both 18in long. The Pleco is 8 years old and my black shark is just a baby at about 3 1/2 yrs. I was reading through this forum about suggestions for food for the both of them and I happened upon this online plethora of information. I look forward to sharing experiences and gaining even more knowledge from this forum. And I once again can enjoy my fish!!!! :D

:hi: to the forum.

Had you found this site earlier, you no doubt would have gotten the answer for your green water problem here as well. :p

No doubt you'll come up with lots of questions in time, and hopefully very few problems, so ask (or search) away. ;)

Most reactions

Back