Newbie Starting Fresh

It is no problem at all having plants in a tank that is being cycled using ammonia. The plants will use some of the ammonia as plant food because it is their favorite form in which to take in nitrogen. Most plants would rather have ammonia than nitrates. That means the ammonia will slowly go down even if you have no bacterial action yet. It is not a problem, you just top it back off once a day and your cycle will go on as if the plants were not there. If you later have confusing readings, just be sure to mention that you have the plants so we can take that into account while analyzing whatever problems you may have.

I went to boots today and look around the whole store, and then asked an assistant who confirmed they dont self ammonia. BUMMER!. my search will continue, though

I used "Jeyes Kleen Off" ammonia when I was cycling my tank:

50028_m.jpg

It is available online though the delivery will cost more than the product itself!

Google Search

Some online aquarium shops appear to be stocking this product specifically for fishless-cycling. 9% Ammonium Hydroxide apparently.

-dan

I went to boots today and look around the whole store, and then asked an assistant who confirmed they dont self ammonia. BUMMER!. my search will continue, though

I used "Jeyes Kleen Off" ammonia when I was cycling my tank:

50028_m.jpg

It is available online though the delivery will cost more than the product itself!

Google Search

Some online aquarium shops appear to be stocking this product specifically for fishless-cycling. 9% Ammonium Hydroxide apparently.

-dan

Thats the stuff i used £1:99 in my local hardware shop £6:99 on Amazon what a rip off.

Family run hardware shops are your best bet if Boots or Wilkinsons or Homebase dont sell it

Thats the stuff i used £1:99 in my local hardware shop £6:99 on Amazon what a rip off.
Family run hardware shops are your best bet if Boots or Wilkinsons or Homebase dont sell it

A rip off perhaps but I find it comforting that, for those simply too introverted and/or agoraphobic to leave the house, there is still a means of obtaining this stuff (albeit at a price).

-dan

A rip off perhaps but I find it comforting that, for those simply too introverted and/or agoraphobic to leave the house, there is still a means of obtaining this stuff (albeit at a price).

-dan

If they want to pay that for it fair do's

I was just letting the OP know its cheaper in local hardware shops

Most reactions

Back