Newbie reporting for fish duty

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fire Eyes

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I guess you could say I am new to the world of fish. I had some fancy goldfish once upon a time Rest in peace Tiger, Rum Rasin, Cognac Gold, and Mistletoe. :( I have a 50-gallon fish tank but once I lost those babies I gave up, I previously had fighting fish Whiskey Blue and Fire Eyes (not in the same tank). My first fish Whisky died because I was too afraid to leave it home alone when I was headed to Maryland for a week....I know. After I lost the goldfish I got into gardening because everything I planted thrived and flourished. So now I grow tomatoes and other food in their honor. Their deaths were not in vain but that is for a different forum. LOL So I am here because I plan to delve back into the world of fish and I would like them to grow old and scaley. I look forward to meeting everyone and their fish.

Just an FYI, I don't drink alcohol.

Welcome! What sort of fish are you interested in? Do you still have the 50 gal tank to cycle?
Hi!

Yes, I still have the tank. In the past, I had fancy goldfish. I am not sure if I will do those again. I want to but you can only put three in that size tank. I'm not sure what other type of fish I would want though.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If you don't drink alcohol, why did your fish have names like that?
Or were they based on liquor chocolates?

We talk about plants here too. There is an aquatic plant section and terrestrial plants can go in the other hobbies or general chat sections of the forum. A lot of people here keep plants (terrestrial and aquatic).

What type of tomatoes do you grow, and what other plants do you keep?
Roma are my favorite tomatoe. :)

Members here are very helpful with stocking ideas, if you need help just take a vial of your tap to your local pet store and have its parameters tested, or if you may still have a testing kit, or are able to invest in a liquid one. I felt a similar way investing in a 75gallon tank to use as a grow out for koi fry, like dang I could have put cichlids in there instead haha

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If you don't drink alcohol, why did your fish have names like that?
Or were they based on liquor chocolates?

We talk about plants here too. There is an aquatic plant section and terrestrial plants can go in the other hobbies or general chat sections of the forum. A lot of people here keep plants (terrestrial and aquatic).

What type of tomatoes do you grow, and what other plants do you keep?
Roma are my favorite tomatoe. :)

Thank you for the welcome. The names sort of became a funny thing when I named Whiskey after seeing a whiskey box in front of the store. He was blue so...Whiskey Blue. I have never considered aquatic plants. I will have to check out that section.

Roma tomatoes are good but I haven't grown them yet. I am waiting until I start canning. I have grown all sorts of vegetables, herbs, and strawberries. I like growing heirloom veggies. Some of my favorite tomatoes to grow are beefsteak, green zebra, big rainbow, black krim, super sweet 100, and sungold cherry. I didn't grow anything last year but I did learn a lot about houseplants and propagation techniques.

Welcome to the forum.

My sister also went down the alcohol route for her pets names. She has 3 that I can remember (Stella, Guinness, Pernod) and at least 2 more that I've blanked from my memory because they were getting pretty strange.

Welcome to the forum.

My sister also went down the alcohol route for her pets names. She has 3 that I can remember (Stella, Guinness, Pernod) and at least 2 more that I've blanked from my memory because they were getting pretty strange.
It starts becoming fun after the first two. I am thinking of new names for future fish.

Most reactions

Back