Newbie Needing Help... Gourami Probs

Nothing below 75gal i'm afraid, good luck, i would do some water changes.

20% water change, would be good to know stats so i would get them done fast, and even better to buy your own test kits, liquid ones are the best.

Ok, good luck.

Before you go into the pet shop, look up the fish you have what size they grow to and what size tank they need and then at least you will be able to compare the info they give you with published documentation, a pain but really worth the while.

Good luck :good:

Thanks 5andra :)

I want to keep the fish even if it means me going to spend loads on a much bigger tank.... only thing im concerned about is that they are in a "new" tank at mo and then ill have to move them.

Is it ok to keep them in my tank while they are small and transfer when i get the bigger tank all up and running ang cycled?

Rob

Water Test results from the tank.

PH 8

Ammonia .25 - .50

Nitrate No2 1.0

Nitrate No3 10

Advise please

thanks Rob

Tank Temperature - 24-25o

Well the cycle is getting there, but it will be hard on the fish, water changes, small ones, good luck, increase aeration as well.

Im going to do a 20% change tonight.

Any other tips?

The Blue Gourami is still lying on the bottom/swimming round randomly with its mouth wide open. :(

PS... thanks for your help Wilder :) Appreciate it

um.... also the Pleco is sucking on the sick Blue Gourami????

This cant be good???

Gouramis are very sensitive to water quality, that fish isn't going to make it sorry, i would put him in a container of tank water at the top of the tank, add some fresh declorinated water to his container so he can breath, and add half a teaspoon of salt, don't want the plec sucking on his slime coat.

Something like a tupperware container, or icecream box.

Ive put one in there resting with small bit abovee water with fresh water (treated)

Whats the correct tank temperature for the fish i have at the mo?

Turn the temp up a knotch.

Most reactions

Back