Newbie,needing Guidance!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I can't tell you how many drops (surely it would depend on the size of the hole they're coming out of!), but if you have a 5ml teaspoon, or even better, a 5ml medicine spoon, it'll be just under one and a half spoonfuls! Alternatively, you could use one of the API test tubes - I think the line is marked at 5ml.

Thanks for the reply.I was going to just measure 7ml out in the way you suggested using the api test tube,however as everybody seems to use some kind of pipette I thought I would do the same!!
I have had a search online and it seems to be that on average 5ml would be around 100 drops from a standard eye drop pipette!! but then others reckon 20 drops for 5ml!!
I was just concerned that I may have the wrong ammonia as ive put in over 100 drops and im not at 4ppm yet! I must say though that Im finding it very difficult to differentiate between the 2ppm green and the 4ppm green! Using the API test kit.

I used a medicine syringe that i bought from Sainsburys for under a pound.

Keith.

Never thought of the syringe!Think I`ll have to purchase one for the next time I top up.
Does anybody else find it difficult to tell the colours apart? Also I see some people say they have readings of 5ppm of ammonia,how do they know as on the API kit ive got it goes from 4 to 8ppm!

Yes, I find them a challenge too. I usually ask everyone in the house and take the average!

Most reactions

Back