Newbie Aquascaping- Suggestions

jme369

Reaction score
201201112206271.jpg

Sorry about the awful pic quality, was taken on a phone. Ideally id like a quite simple looking tank, with lots of moss and plants at the back to hide the heater/intake tube. The wood is the only part that im dead set on keeping, so dont limit the critisms, thats why im asking :). Cheers!

Wow that spot light looks bright.

Me personally id have to get some sand in there

Theyre the new LEDs for Fluval Edge, looks brighter in the picture though- the cameras doing. Just spent the best part of two hours swapping sand for gravel, I could always switch back but I wanted to see which looks best- I think its gravel though.

Not recent, unfortunately... The gravel is something i want to stick with though.

i would get a nice bushy, sort of red coloured plant and put it in the back left hand corner, like the red one on the righ hand side, or the sort of moss ball like plant on the left http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnKSF7cQL2M&feature=BFa&list=UL7iO2PxjKW70&lf=mfu_in_order im sorry im not sure what theyre called

That one looks really nice, would I need stuff like CO2 and fertilisers to keep that kind of stuff? And yeah, id love a sort of moss carpet near the front, and possibly on some rocks.

That one looks really nice, would I need stuff like CO2 and fertilisers to keep that kind of stuff? And yeah, id love a sort of moss carpet near the front, and possibly on some rocks.

You probally would im guessing check the planted section

It could help to think what kind of fish are you intending to put in the tank. Some bottom dwellers like Corys and Plecos love sand.

If you like the carpeted effect, you should possibly use a something like Flora Base for substrate. You can always top it up with gravel or sand and leave some exposed areas for contrast. Some carpets can be hard work to keep under control thou...!

The CO2 will depend on what other species you introduce but it is not a must, if your lighting, substrate and water feed is good, that should be plenty for a good while.:nod:

The plant on the right in that vid is Limnophila Aromatica.

Most reactions

Back