New Weekly "off Topic" Topic No. 27 (07/08/12)

Choose the one most applicable to you

Votes: 4 26.7%

Votes: 3 20.0%

Votes: 2 13.3%

Votes: 1 6.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Oops!.... I'm a day late with this weeks' topic, but have good reason.... I am on annual leave so appropriately,.... this week we will talk about that perfect holliday....

Given the option ....and any of the following hollidays will cost you only $10 each,(traveling included) but you have to travel 1,000 miles to get to your destination and stay there for 2 weeks..... which ideal holiday will you prefer.....

1. Visiting a game farm with lots of wild animals and daily safari rides....
2. Camping in a tent high up a mountain in the thick bushes with camp fires for cooking far away from civilisation.
3. Skiing holliday in the Alps
4. In a self catered flat with a sea view directly on the shore where sea fishing is also available from shore.
5. Camping next to a river or dam in a caravan with lots of fishing and rough living.
6. Doing a hiking trail of 30 miles through scenic terrain...
7. On a luxury boat cruise
8. You'd rather stay at home for the 2 weeks and relax in your own lounge with the tv.....
9. Visiting friends or family whom you have not seen in a very long time
10. White water rafting

Also comment on a great holliday you have had previously or are planning in the near future....

Out of those options I'd rather stay home for 2 weeks, I'm sad to say ;) I love travel, but I'm not much of a camper, and definitely not for two weeks. Seaside never appealed to me either :p

As for previous holidays ... earlier this year I spent a month in USA, and I spent all of 2010 backpacking and working in the UK.

Sorry, but none of those. Ideal holiday would be somewhere hot, all inclusive and scuba diving right off the shore. Too lazy for all those other things. Self-catering? No way, I cater at home, I want to relax on holiday.

Oh, and preferably child-free, but that isn't going to happen for another 15 years :rolleyes:

I chose skiing in the alps, but that's out of those choices. I agree with Salam. I'd much rather be scuba diving at an all- inclusive in the Bahamas. My certification allows me to go 60 ft this year :)

I chose skiing in the alps, but that's out of those choices. I agree with Salam. I'd much rather be scuba diving at an all- inclusive in the Bahamas. My certification allows me to go 60 ft this year :)

Nice one, MoF :good:

We were reminiscing this morning what it was like not having a child and it being the summer holidays. Obviously I love my son to bits, but before we had him we had those holidays all inclusive in Barbados (twice), St Lucia, Egypt... Oh those times...

Any or all of the above please.

You missed off the full immersion in a foreign culture option such as backpacking in the less well known parts of the world.

4 sounds relaxing. I usually go to my grandparents / cousins during summer (and that time is coming up fast), and that costs way more than $10.

The flat near the sea would be nice, as long as said sea is not our Black Sea, which has become a toilet dump...

I love the idea of camping in the middle of nowhere, with a nice we fire and cook whatever I can catch...... Bliss

EDIT: the idea (spelling)

Number 1 for sure!

Seeing as I could never find that for near fre, could i come camp out with you Ludwig?! lol

I worked with the African animals at Whipsnade Zoo for a month when i was 16 and absolutely loved it! Certainly earned a very healthy fear of black rhinos though! :S But absolutely fell in love with giraffes and white rhinos!

No.5 but for foraging for nice driftwood and seeing the local wildlife, also would have to say No.3 but replace the ski's with a snowboard. :)

Most reactions

Back