New To The Hobby, Into Motorsports, Saying Hello

mrtiddles

Reaction score
Hey guys, saw the other thread with the motorsports dudes talking, so I thought I'd chime in.

23 Years old, married, just bought a deep 14 gallon tank with 2x Platies (one pregnant), 1x male guppy, and 1x juvenile Molly. Working on cycling the tank and in the meantime nursing a sick Betta back to health.

Bought him from a decently reputable pet store but since he's been home he's been terribly lethargic and his fins just sort of hang like he's constantly slouching. Sad little guy, but he's been more active since I isolated him and gave him some salt and a touch of fin-rot medication. Once he's healthy, he's going back in the big tank. He sorted out his own little area in a rock at the bottom and despite the betta/guppy combo, seems to leave the other guys alone.

n151000887_30262174_5733.jpg

And these are my other kiddos.

n151000887_30261864_1952.jpg

n151000887_30261866_3332.jpg

Now, for the motorsports. I've owned a Dodge Stealth, a Supra Turbo, and a 300zx in the past few years, currently saving money for a new Kawasaki 250R. I'm stoked.

Also, I worked IT at my University and currently a web developer.

See you guys around!

Welcome to the forum

Nice looking chap you got there, like my first male
the other tank looks good too, but if he is going in there just watch him with the guppy, as they are often mistaken for other males which leads to fights

Hes a gorgeous colour. :good: I have one of my males in my community tank and have no problems but I think it depends on the fish.

really risky to have him with a guppy....but you can certainly try. the betta certainly looks good. :good:

as for the motorsports, you talking about this thread?:
<a href="http://www.fishforums.net/content/Bettas/2...-Complete-Noob/" target="_blank">http://www.fishforums.net/content/Bettas/2...-Complete-Noob/</a>

Not many of us here.... seems that fish keeping and fast cars usually aren't a common interest :lol:

I'm a big fan of the Stealth, Supra, and 300zx man. all good choices. Just about bought a 300zx last year but tried to burn all my money on an SR20 240sx and gave up quickly :lol:. I'll just be happy with my STi right now and quit starting new projects.

Stick around dude. You have any pics?

edit: oh and props on the web developer bro. B-)

hi! wecome to the fish world. my only advice on keeping the betta and guppys together would be to add a lot more tall silk plants to the tank, that way if some one wants to get away from the others they have shelter to hide in.

Cool!

Remz, my ultimate goal is an STi, so I'm quite jealous. Do you like the new hatchbacks?

Newfishy, good calls, I may go get some!

Another question, do female Bettas do ok with guppies? I was thinking, if they do, I could put a female in the big tank and then breed them later (betta on betta, not betta on guppy lol)

while a male and female betta can never live together in the same tank, you may have slightly better chances with a female betta instead of a male betta with guppys.

a group of 5 females or more is recommended if you are going to keep em. any less and they pick on eachother and fight. w/ guppies is circumstantial, but not regarded as ill-advised.... just usually a female tank with just females is "safe" (somewhat :lol:)

keep in mind you need a tank that can support that many fish.

this should help ur jealousy of the STi :p :

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/STi-Smo...onut_175626.htm

after5ea5.jpg

I hate the new STi's btw. ugly..... ugly... and ugly. fast... but no curb appeal.

You had a supra tho? was it an older one? see i'm envious of the 300zx, Stealth, and ESPECIALLY the Supra (unless it was an older model... without turbos :lol: )

I guess when you know cars and appreciate them, you're always envious of what someone else has. Same goes with fish :shifty: . funny how that works.

Guess i'll have to jump in on this too haha...I'm a HUGE Supra fan as well (depending on year of course lol). I'm also an IT person at my University and like remz here into motorsports....Just turned 22 monday, and while i didnt have the fastest car ever, it was just a blast to drive and it was nice knowin that only 10K were made and you didnt see too many of them...Anyway, i've also got a crotchrocket so i'll post that as well! Car was a 1998 Contour SVT (all bolt-ons, carbon hood painted body color, and 75 wetshot, as well as a few other odds and ends) and the bike is an 03 R6. Welcome to the forum, hopefully they heal up quick! I'm currently nursing Beast back to health after he developed finrot...good news is that the fins are all white at the end and are starting to grow back!

Heres a quick pic of the bike, i'm takin the pegs, shift rod, and rearsets off tomorrow to send in and get powdercoated to match the frame and blend in
house5.jpg

And heres the car...loved that car, tons of fun! Nothin like an sti (remz lol) or the supra!
Leclaire1.jpg

rear.jpg

And to keep on topic heres a quick pic of Beast...
fish5.jpg

staying on topic is overrated.

i just appreciate seeing clean cars that are taken care of. and my STi is nothin like an R6 :p

and to be overrated... Beast is sweet man. Love that picture. Taking pics of fish is an art :lol:

1990 Dodge Stealth ES, blew the motor setting it up for a twin-turbo swap :-/
1990 300zx N/A
1987 Supra Turbo, 60k original miles, perfect condition, sold it after a shop did an oil change and forgot to put new oil back in. They paid for my 300zx :)

I prefer the newer Supras but this one was definitely a cherry of the MK III category.

BTW, I just applied for a loan to buy a new Kawasaki 250r, hopefully Monday!

Most reactions

Back