New To The Game

k_n_s_Jennings

Reaction score
Hi all

My name is Simon, I am from Basildon, Essex and I live with my wife, Kirsty and 2 boys Kyle (5) and Kurt (3)

I am new to fish keeping and have found this site to be a great source of information for me .

I have taken until now to post anything as I havn't actually found a reason to post as all the questions I have had have been answered by searching the site!!!

I am setting up 2 60L tanks one for each of my boys and have been cycling them for about a week and a half using the add and wait method of fishless cycling.

Both tanks are doing well and have got to the stage where the amonia is dropping overnight and the Nitrites and Nitrates are going up loads - so all is well so far!!

We are currently reading up on fish that will be suitable for our water (hard PH8) and tank size and I am letting the boys be involved in the whole process so the can understand how to look after and respect the fish.

I will get some pictures of the tanks up when I get a chance and would like to say a big thanks to evertone who takes the time out to post on this site - it is such a big help to newbies like me!!!!

Cheers

Simon

Welcome to the board.
Glad you did your homework as not many do.
Good luck.

:hi: to the forum. Enjoy and ask questions ,we dont bite(well most of us dont)!

Welcome to the forum. I have also got my children involved with our tanks - the 7 year old has been very interested and helped quite a lot, the 4 year old loves watching fish but can't help as much. At present they are keeping bettas and shrimps in their little tank, but they also love watching the fish in the community tank.

Hope you and your children enjoy the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys

I am glad other people are getting their children involved too as I belive that if you include them in the whole setup then they are more likely to want to be involeved in keeping it all going rather than getting bored!

Cheers

Simon

Hi pal, i am also from Basildon, i will send you a private message. Hope you get it, i will tell you what shops i rate etc, if you need to know anything, feel free to ask! :nod:

Hi mate welcome to the forum !!

Im also from basildon :p, If you want a good shop go to one at Raleigh, called swallows aquatics they are really really good and have lots of selection of community fish, PM if you want the postcode :p

Most reactions

Back