New to the forum

Sguard21

Reaction score
Hey alll,

Im new to the forum just found it the other day and found it to be quite useful. I am sure ill have plenty of quesions. Im on the first cycling of the tank. I got live hawiian rock purple coraline a couple corals 1 died already and the other looks somewhat stable. to my suprise each coral has two crabs each a beautiul fire red color and everyday new little critters are popping up all over the tank. i have one blue devil damsel the only fish now. I guess the most thing im concerned about is the corals dying so any advice would b great... right now i feed coraline food and have light 8 hours incandescent a day.

Hi and welcome.
You say the tank is cycling? If this is so then your corals and fish are at risk. Nothing should be added toa tnk until th tank has made a complee cycle.

Also, what type of lighting is the corals under? the ph and sg of the tnak ar eimportant too. And sudden change in conditions for coral and they will suffer badly If they came from a tank with very different lighting, ph, sg etc than your then they really need to be aclimatised very slowly indeed (maybe over 3 or 4 hours)

Most reactions

Back