New To Tank =]

G

Guest22583

I'm kinda new round here, with a big habit of stating the obvious haha...

I've posted a couple of times helping other new guys before actually introducing myself. Sorry if I broke some rules.

I am completely new to the aquaristic society (yes it's a word, now! Saying I'm new to the aquarium society implies I'm a fish...and 'aquarium keeper society' is long winded) having just been given a 63UKL / 13.8gal regular shape (rectangle) tank:
CIMG1168.jpg

I was given this Fluval tank as a full kit so it came with the miniture chemicals you see at the bottom as well as that amazing array of plastic plants.

Now I have some concerns about this tank which I will publish a topic about shortly, but all in all I think this is a great starter tank size despite all the internet articles explaining otherwise.

I'm a 21 year old bum deciding what I want to do in life, recently landing a 'Telephonist' position in the promotions department in a local office. I have up until now been a barman and nothing else while holding a BTEC National Diploma in IT and waving it at employers to no effect.

Other than my new Aquarium keeping hobby I like to go gym alot, web programming, reading, reading, reading, rollercoasters and trying in vain to find an affordable Shakuhachi and tutor.

In the next day or so I will be posting a flurry of questions regarding my tank and the usual 'am I doing it right' and 'does this look normal' topics.

So that's me and I hope I don't get badly recieved by this community :)

Hi and welcome!. I like you tank, it would look great with a shoal of black mollies

New plants! I replaced the plastic ones with real ones!
CIMG1252.jpg

Also 5 Danios to get the mini-ecosystem going :blush: 3 zebra, 2 leopard. They love to play 'Catch the bubble' :fun:

Anyway that's enough about changes to my tank as this is not the place! Ooo so excited...

Most reactions

Back