New To Saltwater Compatible Fish Questions

Joeballz

Reaction score
I will be getting my first salt water setup within the week. Its a 65 gallon, so with this in mind normally how many fish is recommended in tank this size? The fish im interested in getting and hopefully there compatible with each other (let me know if not) are

Lion Fish
Yellow Tang or naso tang
Maroon or Orange clown fish
Huma Huma Trigger or Clown Trigger
and possibly a puffer and angelfish

My friend acutally has all of these fish i mentioned together but there in a 125 and for the most part they get along.

Lion Fish - will eat smaller fish, whatever will fit in its mouth. Some lions get really quite big
Yellow Tang or naso tang - yellow tang at a push, naso a big no no. They get big and all tangs need LOAD of room.
Maroon or Orange clown fish - maroon clowns can be a tad aggressive, small occelaris or perc clowns may get eaten by a lion depending on the size of each fish
Huma Huma Trigger or Clown Trigger - triggers can be agressive too, eat CUC and get quite large
and possibly a puffer and angelfish - puffer similar to the trigger and angels can get too big and are not reef safe. unless you mean dwarf angels then you may be ok

why not try

chromis
royal grammer
clownfish
bicolour angel
coralbeauty ange
sm Longfin Bannerfish needs to be rehomed when bigger
banggai cardinals
midas blenny
yellow watchman goby
convict blenny
Flame Hawkfish
6 line wrasse
flasher wrasse
chalk bass
Pygmy Cherub Angelfish

thats all i will write for now

regards scott

There's so many types of fish out there but i'm hung up on getting a clown trigger, maroon clownfish, lion fish, and yellow tang. I've liked these fish for a while and I hope I can put them together....let's say I do the fish mentioned in a 55-65 gallon tank and there all fairly small would I be good for a while or are they gonna out grow the tank to fast?

they grow fast my clown trigger was about 3" and now is 6" over 3 months so i wouldnt do it at all i recomend you to get a 80g-100g for those fish

Most reactions

Back