New To Co2

10 bubbles wont be anywhere near enough.
Set the CO2 to come on two hours before the lights come on and then turn off two hours before the lights turn off. When the solenoid is on, then the CO2 will be stopped.

Thanks again! :good: i appreciate any advice I've increased the rate to 20 bubbles per minute.

Fire extinguisher kits with solenoid on Aquarist Classifieds for £75. :)

Update, still the drop checker remains blue,now increased to 30 bubbles per minute!

I would up it to at least 1 bubble per second.. 60 per minute.... while your playing with the amount, your having constant fluctuations which is a haven for algae growth.

Sorry i haven't actually read the whole thread :blush: so apologise if this info is there ;).... has the tank got fish and plants?... if just plants and no fish then you could raise it much much higher and then drop it.. rather than having to little and then increasing... it would be better to have to much and decrease :good:.

The current level of 30bps is still extremely low and i would be surprised if you will get the desired 30ppm (lime green) while at that rate.

Cheers jake but i do have fish in, been increasing C02 now for 3 days, its just starting to go green!
Not too worried about the algae, the plecs usualy take care of that.

Cheers jake but i do have fish in, been increasing C02 now for 3 days, its just starting to go green!
Not too worried about the algae, the plecs usualy take care of that.

Oh right, sorry... like i said i didn't know you had fish lol... i still think a minimum of 1bps is still needed.

Unfortunately you can get various algae form and plecs will only eat certain ones (actually they dont usually eat many). It is also a pain sometimes to eradicate certain algae completely without butchering damaged or infected plants/leaves.

Basically it's better to avoid algae than either hope you can remove afterwards or rely on a plecs to eat it.

Hope you get the co2 balanced correctly soon :good:

how long would the bottles last at that rate? also looking at that model as it does up to 400 ltr so would be spot on for my 323 ltr.

where did u buy it from?

how long would the bottles last at that rate? also looking at that model as it does up to 400 ltr so would be spot on for my 323 ltr.

where did u buy it from?

Well its 500g of compressed gas so i imagine it will last months but it is my first Co2 bottle so i'm guessing atm.
I bought it from my local MA at a discount price but you can see the full range here http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/catalog/co2-units-jbl-c-921_1069.html

I used 500g on my 190 before swapping to an Fe and the 500g @ 2BPS would last around 4-6 weeks.

I always wondered about turning the co2 off at the right times. I can barely remember my own name or what day it is so turning the co2 on and off at the right times is absolutely out of the question but I didn't realise you can get timed switches for it. :blush: probably very naive of me I know!

I always wondered about turning the co2 off at the right times. I can barely remember my own name or what day it is so turning the co2 on and off at the right times is absolutely out of the question but I didn't realise you can get timed switches for it. :blush: probably very naive of me I know!

Lol.... its just as well having a timer to turn it off at night cause it looks like its going to be more expensive replacing the gas than i first thought. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back