New To Co2

Thanks for those links. This 30ppm is what I thought from reading several forums.

My drop checker is actually working but I have to hold a white plastic card behind it to read it. It is green, but looks colourless in the tank. So I believe my yeast system is definitely working.

Thanks for those links. This 30ppm is what I thought from reading several forums.

My drop checker is actually working but I have to hold a white plastic card behind it to read it. It is green, but looks colourless in the tank. So I believe my yeast system is definitely working.

How often do you change the liquid inside it?
Remember, the plants (and algae), and your fish are the best indicators to what CO2 you have and whether it's too much or too little.

Well, we're wanting 4dkh water and bromo blue reagent in the drop checker. I dont know what your product has added. :dunno:

That's what is in it. I didn't know there was any other way of doing it.

I got it here:
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/ae-design-4-dkh-solution-with-bromo-blue-100ml-p-2425.html

That's what is in it. I didn't know there was any other way of doing it.

I got it here:
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/ae-design-4-dkh-solution-with-bromo-blue-100ml-p-2425.html

Good stuff :D
Some manufacturers have their own solutions made up and they're pants. Some even say to use tank water! :shout:

Can I just ask whether the amount of solution is critical (it says to use 5ml)?

And what happens to it after 3 weeks in the drop checker?

I am concerned that if stuff dissolves into the solution in the bottle then surely the bottled solution will deteriorate over time as well.

It's just best to keep things fresh.
In 3weeks, the drop checker could somehow mix with the tank water rendering false conclusions.
It's also in contact with light when in the tank (in the bottle it's dark), which I THINK could degrade it somewhat. Bottle is also sealed which reduces chance of contaminents/reactions.

It doesnt really matter in terms of quantity, just keep it similar to instructions. More and more drops of bromo would give more prominant colour but it's more innaccurate to distinguish smaller variations.

Just ordered 4dkh water and bromo blue reagent and drop checker, same place you bought yours also JBL ProFlora u402 disposable CO2 System, can upgrade it later if needs be.
Should be here for Easter i have a few days off work to get it running ok.

Hope it goes well.

I just saw this on ebay for £150:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ME:B:SS:GB:1123

Does anyone know whether this is worth it? I am near Coventry so I could save on the £15 postage.

It is not that much more to get the JBL, but then I'd still need to get a bigger CO2 canister.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've just instaled this JBL ProFlora U402, and set the bubble counter to approx 10 bubbles per minute.
I had to buy a timer which the solenoid valve plugs into, to switch it off at night, not sure what time night is?
Going to keep an eye on the ph and Co2 levels i also have a drop checker, now its just a waiting game.

10 bubbles wont be anywhere near enough.
Set the CO2 to come on two hours before the lights come on and then turn off two hours before the lights turn off. When the solenoid is on, then the CO2 will be stopped.

Most reactions

Back