New Tank

shecho

Reaction score
Hello all! The fish bug has bitten!!
Have set up a new 20 gal tank over the last month :D and wanted to get some input as to what you think. It now houses:
4 female betta (red, blue, pink/prpl, greenish)
2 plattys (orange, yellow)
9 tetras (3 black skirt, 2 serpa, 2 headlight, 2lemon)
2 hi-fin variatus
2 corydoras (aptly called Cory & Dora)
1 rainbow shark
2 zebra danios
1 dwarf frog
Makes for a very colorful tank!! :*
Also have 2 gal tank with a male betta (Fred E Fish)
I am assuming that I will have to get another tank if I want any more fish. Hmmm think I have a 5 gal one somewhere...can I put a couple of small angels in there?
HUbby thinks I'm nuts...but when the bug bites - you gotta scratch!! :-(
Have a good one all.

Ur tank seem a bit crowded??? u have more fish in ur 20 galoon tank than i do in my 30 gallon tank!!! .... also the angel will grw out of that tank then what will u do !!! -_- :/

:unsure: well...the tank does not seem overstocked to me...but then what do I know! all the tetras seem to hang around together...danios and bettas are on the top level then tetras then shark and corys on bottom...they all get along well and the largest is only about an inch long! well sharky is about 2 in long.
The angels I wanted to get are real small (thumbnail size) so figured they would be ok in there till they get bigger...then could move fish around and put bettas maybe into smaller tank and put angels in 20 gal......OR maybe I would have to get a new 20 or 10 gal...hmmmm then would have room for more fish! LOL
This is just a starter tank right now....will see how it goes and if something grows too big - move it to a tank of its own :fun:

:hi: to the forum. angels will need more than 20 gallons to be happy and the rainbowshark can get 8" and will need some room to swim. if you are going to invest inanother tank rather than a few samll ones try getting a 40,45,50,55,75 and the list goes on. it is also much easier to keep water stable in a larger tank.

Most reactions

Back