New tank

Amylouise1305

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I’m looking for a bit of advice, I acquired a 100 litre tank yesterday, with a number of different tropical fish in.
However, the previous owner was getting rid due to health issues and being unable to clean the tank out. I won’t begin to describe the state of it! However, it also came with 9 various fish too. 2 plecs, 1 clown loach, 3 other loaches and 3 gourmi’s.
One of the gourmi’s seems to be having trouble swimming it keeps lying on its side, or swimming into the glass and sliding down and lying on its side for a while. Could any one shed some light on this? Is it normal? Can I do anything to help it out?
Also any tips on caring for these fish would be greatly appreciated

I also have a smaller tank with 3 mollies in and 3 molly fry, could I add the adult mollies into this tank?

thank you.

wow. Id do a 75% water change.
How big is your smaller tank?
Can we get pics. So we can identify the loaches, gouramis and plecos.
You'll need to rehome the clown loach. They get huge.

Yeah of course I’ve attached a few photos on here. I done 100% water change, couldn’t have them going back into that filthy water! However she said the gourami had been like that for a week!! I think the clown loach has gone under the titanic, but will send a photo when it resurfaces.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
Ok. So the pleco I see looks like a common pleco. They get up to 2 feet so it need to be rehomed too.
Can I get a close up of each gourami? 2 are the same species for sure. Im not sure about the other.
The loach is a yoyo loach. They can live in there but they would do much better in a 40gal +.

Those two seem impossible to seperate. That’s the other one lying on the bottom. What could it be that’s wrong with her?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    960.7 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
Ok. Looks like all the same species. I need to see the dorsal fins of the gouramis. (to sex them) is the one on the bottom the same fish as in pic 2?

The yellow one with the black spot seems to be the one having troubles

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    955.9 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    921.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
Ok, all the same species.

It looks like one is deformed. that one also looks female.
The other two look male but I cant be sure. Im suspired they aren't fighting.

Deformed how so?
The 2 males aren’t fighting, they don’t leave each other’s side

The blue one has 2 lumps of some kind too. Do you know what they are?

sorry for all the questions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    648.4 KB · Views: 50
Also when she goes up for air bubbles come out of her gills. Is this normal? With the other 2 this doesn’t happen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    892.3 KB · Views: 76

Most reactions

Back