New tank

rabbitlady

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hello , all just need some basic info this time. i am setting up a new 10gal. for my daughter . i want to use sand instead of gravel cause i saw the ones on here and they look so cool..
anyways my question is not about that cause i found that part.
but about the fish we intend to put in it..
we are doing a cicilid tank and i want to know if the dwarf puffers can be with convicts since they are aggressive too.. convicts are just babies like less then an inch big maybe an inch...
please tell me yes i want a puffer but we both want convicts in there..

i have not had either of them in my tanks before but i would not put puffers with convicts even if they are small.

:/ sorry

as i said earlier i don't have experience (other than reading about both) with them

I've never kept either of them myself but everything I've read and heard says not to do it. Puffers are almost always species only and most Cichlids are cichlid only fish.

ok thanks for the input but i need some info from those of you that have had either or both of these fish.. i already have some convicts and they live in my community tank and they do fine. but then again they are little just now.....

Hi There-

I am assuming you are refering to Dwarf puffers when you say a puffer fish. I wouldn't advise putting it in with convy's. The convicts will do fine in a tank with larger community fish and can even take care of itself against more aggressive types of cichlids. But putting a convy in with a puffer is just asking for trouble. The little puffer will be extremely stressed and will probably die from it. If you still want both how about having a puffer species only tank in the 10 gallon, and then searching yard sales want ads etc. for a used 20 gallon to house the conys in instead.

well, you guys i want to thank you so much for the advice..
and i did go to some garage sales this weekend and this one had a octagon shaped tank with everything pump plants rocks sand i mean alot of stuff with it and stand here is a photo of it..for $30 i ask would he take $20 he said yes..:)
so i got it .. not sure how many gal. it is yet think 30gal.. will see gonna set it up later today and get it up and running .. so it can cycle..:) :D well, i can't find out how to post image here so i will put that in the photo section if you would like to look at it.

ok go here to see my 40gal hex tank i got today...i think it is pretty cool since i didn't really want to go to yard sales today..

new tank

Most reactions

Back