New Tank

jayrt

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have run into a few problems with my existing fish as i have managed to aquire most of them but now im learning they arent so compatible.

I currently have a 60l biorb and a biube and i should be getting a 3ft tank around 200l

the fish i have in my biorb are below

1 male betta
3 cherry barbs
1 angel fish
1 bolvian ram
1 male sword tail
2 jewel chiclids
2 blood fins#

In the biube

5 moutain minows
2 Chiclids kribensis
1 puffer

Can any of these fish be kept in the same tank or am i going to have to re-home them all which would be a massive shame

Or could you recommend a way of keeping all my fish in the 3 tanks i have at the moment.

Also if i do have to start again what kind of fish would do well in 200l tank 3ft long?

Thank you

I dont know enough about the other fish you listed, but I know that puffers are known for being aggressive and they're usually recommended to be kept in a species tank by themselves.

Hi,

Thank youi for posting, yes i agree, I have been to several pets shops and they have all assured me the puffer would be fine to be kept with other fish but i dont think this is the case at all, as ive had a few deaths hence the move to a new tank and my attempt to split the fish to make a happier and safer enviroment for them.

I think i will keep puffer in the biube as this is the smallest tank i own.

Its just the others im concerned about now i dont want to put them all together and for more to end up dead :(

I'd get rid of the jewel cichlids; very, very aggressive fish, unfortunatly.

Hi,

They do seem to be getting a little bit fiesty, would they be ok with other chiclids or are they just aggresive full stop, it is a shame as they are lovely looking fish, but you live and you learn, im sure most of these pets shops will sell people anything regardless... i think it very cruel.

Most reactions

Back