New Tank

IanS

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi people, fishless cycle completelast week, so nipped down my local lfs and got somes fish

Here’s the tank

Fluval Roma 240l
Fluval 305 and Tetra Ex 1200
Tetra plant complete substrate topped of with argos play sand
Redmoor wood and rocks/granite
Temp 26/27 Deg

And fish

10 - Harlequins
12 -Cardinal tetras
5 - Panda Cories
4 - Sterbai Cories

These numbers will increase but this was all the lfs had left tha I wanted
Next batch of fish will be dwarf cichilds , once I figure out what and where to buy

And plants

Microsorum pteropus Ludwigia glandulosa Limnophila sessiliflora Eleocharis parvul are thess easy to loo after plants ?? as I cant get my head roud the plant world

And here’s some photos

Advice and comments welcome

Ian

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

more to come

Just love these little guys

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

Excellent set-up you have there (are you sure this is your first tank?).

The hairgrass might struggle but worth a try. The other plants should do fine. I'd add lots more plants in there and make it a real jungle.

Looks great though, you've obviously done a lot of research prior to setting this up.

Edit - it doesns't say it's your first tank but great anyway.

Excellent set-up you have there (are you sure this is your first tank?).

The hairgrass might struggle but worth a try. The other plants should do fine. I'd add lots more plants in there and make it a real jungle.

Looks great though, you've obviously done a lot of research prior to setting this up.

Edit - it doesns't say it's your first tank but great anyway.

Thanks

apart from a gold fish whe i was a kid...yes it is my first tank, lots of research

No idea on the fert you mentioned, but you won't go wrong with an all in one fertiliser such as TNC or TPN. If you wish you can create your own using the dry salts method. There is plenty of info in the planted section. Check out the PARC sticky there for more info too.

How are you finding the filters? I am running the same combination on my 180.

looks excellent!

Wait and see if you need ferts before adding :) and start at a low dosage to avoid algae (plants need time to establish before they can use all the ferts provided) TPN is excellent stuff.

No idea on the fert you mentioned, but you won't go wrong with an all in one fertiliser such as TNC or TPN. If you wish you can create your own using the dry salts method. There is plenty of info in the planted section. Check out the PARC sticky there for more info too.

How are you finding the filters? I am running the same combination on my 180.

Filters are very good, had to turn down the flow a bit on the 1200 as it was blowing some plants to bits :lol: Can't here the 1200 over the slight noise theatre the 305 makes.

What media you using in the 1200 ??

I cycled the tank with the 305 and added the 1200 2 days ago should I transfer some of the filter media from the 305 to the 1200 ??

Where have you placed the spray bar ?

Oh another question...how do I trim down the limnophila as it only bin in the tank a week and it up to the top of the tank already ??

Sorry for all the question but it's the only way to learn I guess :good:

Ian

looks excellent!

Wait and see if you need ferts before adding :) and start at a low dosage to avoid algae (plants need time to establish before they can use all the ferts provided) TPN is excellent stuff.

Thanks nurglespuss

My tank is the Vicenza 180 which has the pipes built in so my 1200 is running through them. I have the standard output pipe on the 305 so it's just a case of hang it over the edge. My 305 is very noisy compared to my silent 1200's. I was running two on this tank but had to use one on another tank so the 305 went on instead. If you're having problems with the flow from the spray bar then try drilling the holes a little larger and see if it weakens it any. It will soon slow though after a week or so when the media becomes mulmed up. As for the media itself, i'm just using the standard stuff that came with it with the exception of the carbon bags which i removed as they had had it and started to fall to bits.

Personally, i would let the 1200 do it's own this rather than muck about cutting and shaping bits and pieces trying to seed it. The 305 is big enough on its own to look after your tank so the 1200 can be left to its own devices.

Looking very swish. I have always liked Harlequins and the Panda Cories look very cute :)

Most reactions

Back