New Tank

matt28781

Reaction score
getattachmentgr3.jpg

getattachment2ml0.jpg

getattachment3er8.jpg

a little reluctant to fill her up as im in a flat on the first floor but i dont think a 45 gallon tank can go through a floor that easy. it came today im really chuffed cant wait to get it cycled and add few saps.

thanks for looking

Yay! How exciting! :hyper: What are going to put in there?

i know it is so exiting......... im thinking either a oddball tank and have some south american puffers or a cichlid tank, im still worried about the weight on the artificial floor but i think im going to get a builder to take a quick look the person at the lfs and a online structual person has said it will be fine but now iv got it and looking at it im worried i mean the tank its self is mage heavy lol.

thankuyou for the reply.

I'm confused when you say artificial floor. I'm sure your floor can support this if standard framing construction (12" - 16" spacing) was used for floor joists. There was a link somewhere on this forum where you could calculate the weight of your tank, given tank dimension, gravel type, etc. I'm always more concered about some of the stands I see posted here, some look rather cheap...glue and particle board. I have my 29 gallon (about 280+ lbs.) on a very heavy piece of furniture so as not to worry about stand collapse.

EDIT: Oh, and nice tank! I'm jealous! :blush:

No way is that a 45g? :blink:

yes its a duo deep 1000 EXTRA built with thicker glass and an extra 3 inch width the new one....... its aprox 200 ltr 44uk gallon lol its on the side of the box the picture is miss leading its much bigger when your stood looking at it

I'm confused when you say artificial floor. I'm sure your floor can support this if standard framing construction (12" - 16" spacing) was used for floor joists. There was a link somewhere on this forum where you could calculate the weight of your tank, given tank dimension, gravel type, etc. I'm always more concered about some of the stands I see posted here, some look rather cheap...glue and particle board. I have my 29 gallon (about 280+ lbs.) on a very heavy piece of furniture so as not to worry about stand collapse.

EDIT: Oh, and nice tank! I'm jealous! :blush:

by artificial floor i mean im on the second floor so its wood beams not solid cement.

i bought that tank at the end of november...it's gorgeous!!!

Are you sure that is a 45g tank? it looks smaller than my 42g (uk) rena.......still nice though I have my eye on one of those as well.....but i'm a bit strapped for cash.....My son got the small version of that tank from father christmas this year.

fluval 1000 extra.. width 100 cm
depth 40cm
height 50 cm 180 litres 39.5 uk gallons

I might be wrong but thats what I worked it out to be..........I WANT ONE

If it is the same tank it is 180litres

whoops...his is a couple more inches than mine!

Are you sure that is a 45g tank? it looks smaller than my 42g (uk) rena.......still nice though I have my eye on one of those as well.....but i'm a bit strapped for cash.....My son got the small version of that tank from father christmas this year.

fluval 1000 extra.. width 100 cm
depth 40cm
height 50 cm 180 litres 39.5 uk gallons

I might be wrong but thats what I worked it out to be..........I WANT ONE

yes on the website where i brought it it says 180ltrs its a duo 1000extra but on the box it says its 200ltr :blink:

Great tank! I tend to like the tanks like that have the storage door at the bottom...it comes in handy! Angelfish would look nice in there...but be prepared because they lay lots of eggs in breeding season.

Most reactions

Back