New Tank

matt28781

Reaction score
hi iv been keeping puffers on and off for 4 years now but im stuck and i cant make my mind up.

iv recently moved into a flat and have got a new 50 gallon tank which puffer would you recommend im thinking humpback or redeye? id love some opinions.

thanx.

matt

Red Eye, which one?

Thats a common name which is mis used against a number of Puffers. You would be better quoting the scientific names :)

For a 50 Gall, what about looking at T Suvatii?

Red Eye, which one?

Thats a common name which is mis used against a number of Puffers. You would be better quoting the scientific names :)

For a 50 Gall, what about looking at T Suvatii?

you mean the pig nose but dont you think a 4" fish would look out of place alone in a 50uk gallon tank?

heres the list my lfs has ti offer

Puffers
Carinotetraodon irrubesco (Red-tailed Redeye puffer)
Carinotetraodon salivator (Striped Redeye puffer) Very rare!
Carinotetraodon travancoricus (Dwarf/Pygmy/Indian puffer)
Colomesus asellus (South American puffer)
Tetraodon fluviatilis (Green/Topaz puffer)
Tetraodon mbu (Giant freshwater puffer)
Tetraodon palembangensis (Humpback puffer)
Tetraodon suvatti (Pignose puffer), including UK captive-bred juveniles!

So your LFS is Wharf then, mine too.

In a 50g get a school of 5 South American puffers. Are gentle enough to keep with other carefully picked tank mates.

In a 50g get a school of 5 South American puffers. Are gentle enough to keep with other carefully picked tank mates.

yes its wharf :good:

iv got south american already lol i got 3 a few weeks ago for my second tank and the biggest one killed the other 2 over night :crazy:

yes its wharf :good:

iv got south american already lol i got 3 a few weeks ago for my second tank and the biggest one killed the other 2 over night :crazy:

What size tank? Sounds unusual to be honest, they're schooling fish.

I would go with two juvenile UK captive bred suvattii.
The tank is just the right size for two and with them being young and already raised to gether they should get on fine.
I would also buy them straight from the breeder. Much cheaper lol!! :good:

Most reactions

Back