New Tank

squishy_1984

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Got my new Fluval 1200 yesterday. Had to rearrange my room to fit it in, its taken me all day!!!
Start saving for an ext.filter next.

It all exciting

nice 1 cant w8 to see some pics :p i think it maybe the same tank as i have not sure tho :unsure:
hope you start a tank diary to see how you get on :)
i will be getting a new tank soon :D

what size are you going for?
Ths one's 48 x 15 x 18
Bout 48 UK gallons i think.

Lookng forward to stocking it.

I've been thinking about stocking
2 kribensis (1m, 1f)
10 harlequins rasboras
10 cardinal tetras
1 bristlenose catfish
1 pearl gourami (m)

Can you think of a large fish i could have as a centerpiece instead of the gourami or do you think the stocking is fine as it is.
Would have loved to have one oscar in it but i cudnt fit a tank that size in my room.

thanks

jon

wow how cool. hope you get pics soon :) I love watching tanks being set up from pic diarys. i would keep the gourami as your big fish. they grow nice and big and they have lovely colours.

It fitted in an alcove just a few mm each side. A perfect fit. I now have a tank each side of the chimney breast in my room.
A few pics for those who are interested

My tank in the alcove
Photo-0026.jpg

Both of my tanks
Photo-0027.jpg

The cupboard being blocked off with polyseyrene to minimise noise as thats where my eheim will be going.
Photo-0029.jpg

Cant wait to get a bit more money now

wow thats lovley. I cant wait to see it set up. Are you going to be doing a fishless cycle? love where the remote controls are haha.

haha yeah, i had to move evrything about in my room to fit it all in. My wardrobe was where the tank is now. All my remotes just got thrown on the bed. It looked like a bomb had dropped earlier.lol

that is a perfect fit :rolleyes: , did you measure it before you bought it to make sure it fits or did you guess
lol :)
my tank is 2 versions down from that with the 1 cupboard.
keep us updated ;) :thumbs:

lol ye i was thinking the remote controls look tidy :nod:

Yeah it was plenty of measuring. I would have had to rip the skirting board off but the bottom panel or the cupboard is 1.5inches shorter on each side than the top. I think it was designed for my room

Only a little update.
Added an old central heating controller for the lighting. Can set it up to have normal lights on in the day and moonlights on through the night using the circuitry. Has normally open and normaly closed terminals on it.
Should get somewhere within the next few weeks, bit low on money at the moment

Photo-0030.jpg

Just got 2 boxes of pure laterite and mixed it with gravel. Got to add that the the play sand tomorrow.
Got 1 nurtafin Co2 kit (another to come next week) and an airstone and pump to create water agitation in the night as i can't turn off the Co2. Will post picswhen the sand is in

Decided against the sand. Went for gravel from mylocal B&Q all different shades of white, yellows and browns.
Installed the Nutrafin Co2 and airstone to rid the tank of Co2 in the night

Photo-0038.jpg

A pic of the left hand side and right hand side

Photo-0039.jpg

Photo-0041.jpg

What do you guys think so far. Not much to look at yet but it looks much better than an empty tank in my room.

Slate, wood and an ext.filter next week

Most reactions

Back