New Tank - What About Aquarium Backgrounds?

hulsey75

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a new Juwel Rio 400 and I am now looking at setting up with a range of African Cichlids.

The last time I had a fisdh tank I had poster material stuck to the back of the fish tank - never a great look and always falling off!!

However in looking over the web it seems aquarium backgrounds have come on a lot in the last fifteen years so much so I am spoilt for choice.

I am thinking that these look great and wondered if anyone out there had experiece with them?

Thanks and look forward to hearing your comments.....

If it was me, I'd go for a plain black backround, always best imo

3d backgrounds the way to go. imo they look amazing once they have been for a few months.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

If you go for a plain black background would you use plants and rocks to add to the effect??

I have a juwel black 3d background on one tank and black paint on another…the 3d background, is simple yet effective, really improves on the straight paint look… some of the 3D backgrounds on the net are stunning, especially on big tanks. Only downside is the space they will take up, some 3d backgrounds are quite thick! Would ornamental rocks/wood regardless of type of background.

I have 3D background in one of my tanks, and it does look really, really good; I have bin liners on the others, and that looks good too.

However, if you want to keep rift valley cichlids, they need an awful lot of rockwork with holes and caves in; you wouldn't see much of the background anyway, and it would take up extra space, so, in that case, it might not be worth the expense.

I have 3D background in one of my tanks, and it does look really, really good; I have bin liners on the others, and that looks good too.

However, if you want to keep rift valley cichlids, they need an awful lot of rockwork with holes and caves in; you wouldn't see much of the background anyway, and it would take up extra space, so, in that case, it might not be worth the expense.

Hi,

I have made a couple of background attempts in silver and black with a rock effect.

Cant find anywhere to insert pictures though that are not on the web, can you help me do this?

Thanks
Gary

Most reactions

Back