NEW TANK!PLEASE HELP!

Ok...well, first, :hi:
Do you have any fish yet? How many gallons is it? Do you have any accessories (like heaters, filters, air pump, etc)?

I dont have any fish, it is 70 liters and I do have heaters pumps lights and all those things! :rolleyes:

What exactly do you need to know? What are your specific questions? Do you need to know how to set it up? Tell us how we can help you..

well I got my tank today and I dont know what to do with it!My brother has a tank and his best fish just died because the nitrite was to high :sad:

Test for leaks first.

then get the gravel, but that in the tank, make sure it is washed first. Sand is also good as well, but that needs more washing.

then get decorations, wash them as well.

fill the tank up 1/2 way with water, put everything in place the way you like it.

Then fill up the other 1/2.

next, set up the heater and filter in the areas that they are supposed to go, you will see where the pop outs are on the hood. That is the location I usually put mine in.

now after all that is done, you need to cycle the tank, there are articalks about that in other places.

When the cycle is all complete, you know this by testing the water with a test kit avaliable at lfs or pet store chains, I usually adjust the water to the area I want it for the fish, hardness, PH and all that good stuff.

then you add fish that will fit in the tank and that are compatable to eachother, add them a few at a time though.

that is the basics of setting up a tank.

Hi and welcome to the forum I am sure you will get all the help you need here but it would help if you could give us as much information as possible.

You say you have a 70 litre tank but no fish yet.

Is all of your equipment set up and workning correctly?

Have you cycled your tank yet, if not you could be researching types of fish to buy once your tank is ready.

Go to the beginners section for information on how to carry out a fishless cycle.

There is other advice I could offer but you really need to be more specific with the help you need so that we can offer the correct advice.

I_LOVE_FISH said:
well I got my tank today and I dont know what to do with it!My brother has a tank and his best fish just died because the nitrite was to high :sad:
I would guess it was because it wasn't cycled ;) and it was cycling with the fish.

Most reactions

Back