New Tank Joy/Relief!

EndlersGame

Reaction score
As some of you know, I had a custom tank built by SeaBray which I collected 2 weeks ago. I set it all up, which was a stress, as I had to combine 2 tanks into 1 on the same day as building it.

I was really worried that I was going to lose some fish through stress, or the cycle crash.
But, thanks to a few of your good selves advice, I was able to transfer everything I needed to keep the tank cycled and healthy. I still have the filter from the old tank alongside the new filter to help keep the bacteria consistent, and will probably keep this going for a few more weeks just to be sure.

I havent lost any fish, the water parameters are perfect, and all of the fish are super happy.

In fact, I have actually gained fish since the move! The tank is so well laid out that I am inundated with fry who are all surviving by themselves in the tank.
The only thing in the breeder box now is a cory fry, who I am keen to help survive.

The tank on day 1:
1000005911.jpg

...and the tank today.... I have just trimmed down some of the plants and cleaned up the glass.
I have added 8 amano shrimp this weekend to help keep the tank clean, and they are all enjoying themselves in the rocks and drift wood in the middle of the tank.
1000006258.jpg

This is one of the platy fry, who has been affectionately named Mohawk, due to his orange fin 😂.
1000006271.jpg

Attachments

• 1000006271.jpg
    1000006271.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 16
Hello Endlers. You are a tank artist! You have really done an exceptional job of putting this tank together. I'm very impressed.

That looks really nice! I hope you have a plan for all the platy fry. It's a rather nice problem to have. :) I'm not usually a fan of store-bought, un-natural looking decor, but your hardscape and plants really work well together. Well done!

Most reactions

Back