new tank ideas for a 1200 gallon custom made tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fluffyk

Reaction score
since this is my 36th tank going to my collection what should I stock my new 1,200 gallon monster tank with and anyone know how to breed arrowanas

Wow! That would be amazing! Even if I could afford the tank and supplies and stick I could keep up with the water bill!
Definitely post pics when it's done.
What other sizes of tanks do you have?
Do you have a sketch of your plan?

Arowanas breed the same as Saratogas. Males display to females and she lays the eggs. One of them picks up the eggs and carries them in a buccal pouch until they hatch. The babies stay with the adult until they are about 6 inches long and then swim off.

The adults don't mature until they are about 2 foot long. They don't need much apart from lots of space, clean water and a varied diet.

Before you breed them, please make sure that you will have reasonable homes for them to go to, some people will attempt to keep them I'm 55 gallon tanks or 75 gallon tanks. There are already so many out there in the market that will be going to terrible homes.
What do you plan to do with the fry?

That would be soooo cool! :cool:

One question, where would you sell the fry?

Wow! That would be amazing! Even if I could afford the tank and supplies and stick I could keep up with the water bill!
Definitely post pics when it's done.
What other sizes of tanks do you have?
Do you have a sketch of your plan?
The largest tank i have is in my garage its about 7000 gallons but thats for idk yet i havent decided what to put in that tank yet

The largest tank i have is in my garage its about 7000 gallons but thats for idk yet i havent decided what to put in that tank yet
Do you have a pic? Thay sounds amazing

Unless they have enough room they usually fight and kill each other off. Then you are left with one fish.

How do you carry out water changes on such large tanks? What is your water bill?

How do you carry out water changes on such large tanks? What is your water bill?
Water changes i have 7 comercial grade filters but i have a drain that goes to my bass pond and cleans out and comes back into my filters and comes to my tanks my water bill is 7,800 dollars fof the recent one i paid but thats nothing for a fish enthusiast like me my fishes are like family so its worth it

Most reactions

Back