New tank help required

Hi
I've not had trouble with snails in my betta tank. Except Mystery snails. I had one in with my betta (Mr. Luna) and he went for the feelers. They get relatively big.
Just my experience, though.

The majority of Scotland has very soft water but as you may be in one of the few areas which don't have soft water it is worth checking.

Tetra Safe Start is not a conditioner, it is a bacterial starter. You still need to use a conditioner (aka dechlorinator).

None of these bacterial starters work instantly, it still takes some time before there are large enough colonies of the two bacteria.
I didn't say it was... Here's what I said:

Yes you will need to add a water conditioner to remove chlorine/chloramines from your tap water, "and" adding a product like API Quick Start or Tetra Safe Start are also a good idea as they contain live cultures of the beneficial bacteria you will want to have your tank to help it cycle.

I meant "and" here as "also" in addition to using a tap water conditioner... perhaps I should have been more clear with my wording...

Sorry, I was meaning this comment
someone told me to buy Tetra Safestart Water Conditioner
which sounded as though Tinomcc thought it was a water conditioner rather than a bacterial starter. I just wanted to make sure.

Sorry, I was meaning this comment

which sounded as though Tinomcc thought it was a water conditioner rather than a bacterial starter. I just wanted to make sure.
Ahhh!!! I see... Yes, it does sound like that was misunderstood. Sorry, I thought you were referring to my comment. :)

I should have posted that quote last time then we'd have known what I meant :)

The majority of Scotland has very soft water but as you may be in one of the few areas which don't have soft water it is worth checking.

Tetra Safe Start is not a conditioner, it is a bacterial starter. You still need to use a conditioner (aka dechlorinator).

None of these bacterial starters work instantly, it still takes some time before there are large enough colonies of the two bacteria.
Al defo get this kit in the morning and al do it straight away yeh we are in the highlands to be onist it’s probably the best water in Scotland al definitely phone the water company to check tho and get this kit it’s only fair for the fish

Most reactions

Back