New Tank Aqua One Evo 100

amazon swords work in discus temps as do the H. polysperma i mentioned . but i wouldnt listen to me im a known plant murderer :lol: id go ask in the planted section. malawi mark does have a nice ring to it i have to admit , but it implies i know a lot about malawis , when ive still got me african cichlid L plates on :lol:

wont be long mate before your say there names on the way to work lol

im actually sick to the back teeth of malawis mate thats all there is for sale up here at the moment go on a/c and see for your self check out the tyne and wear adds nothing but malawis grrrrrrr
crazy.gif

send em down here mate . you cant get decent malawis round here . mine came from bridlington which is flamin miles away!!! all you ever get round here is those tanks with "assorted mixed malawis" ie hybrids or juveiles that havent coloured up / matured yet which is like fishy russian roulette . could end up with something good or could by a total nightmare killer fish!!!! mind you generally round my way choice isnt that good .

Alright mate

discus wouldn;t be so bad in there and as Malawi Mark said you could go with 5 or 6 juvis

I;ve tried plants for the first time with my discus set up and although I;ve had a bit of a struggle its finally bedding in. The amazon swords have started to grow as has the vallis and the red lotus I have bought is thriving and sent shooters all over the top of the tank which look good with the discus

How bout the discus with a shoal of cardinals and maybe a few corys

I;ve been loving mine so far, for a change loving having a tank that looks good with wood and plants and the cards look lovely in a group

As yours is in the living room as well it will make a lovely display :good:

Alright mate

discus wouldn;t be so bad in there and as Malawi Mark said you could go with 5 or 6 juvis

I;ve tried plants for the first time with my discus set up and although I;ve had a bit of a struggle its finally bedding in. The amazon swords have started to grow as has the vallis and the red lotus I have bought is thriving and sent shooters all over the top of the tank which look good with the discus

How bout the discus with a shoal of cardinals and maybe a few corys

I;ve been loving mine so far, for a change loving having a tank that looks good with wood and plants and the cards look lovely in a group

As yours is in the living room as well it will make a lovely display :good:

im liking it mate im liking it alot thanks for the advice now i have spoke to someone who is selling discus at the moment there 3" and there red somethings turqs is it well anyways if i get 6 he will sell me the 6 for 35 is that a good price

thats a good price mate . things to look for when buying discus . eye size - disproportionately large eyes indicate stunting . pinched forehead - not a good sign fish with this are very underweight can indicate internal problems such as worms etc , or underfeeding . poo- poo should be dark and not stringy. if its white/stringy avoid at all costs . dont buy small juveniles that show adult colour fish like this have been horemone treated .

take a read through this it explains it much better than me and has photos of good/bad exaples too

http://www.aquariumhobbyist.com/discus/beginner/index.html

Aha, this is the same tank I have :good: It's not a bad tank, and the lights it comes with as standard are flipping great. Though, because of this I do find growing plants a struggle. Maybe because I am lazy with dosing ferts etc, but to grow plants in this tank with the standard T5 lights, I'd recommend CO2.

You could do Discus in there, personally I have Rainbows and smaller cichlid species.

Most reactions

Back