New Spawn

netty, every single spawn I have ever done and used a tub for the eggs in the tub hatched. its gotten to the pont that I steal eggs from every spawn to hatch in the tub in case the male screws something up.

I got that tip from you Newfishy when I had the problems with my dragon spawn :good: Ended up with 70+ fry so it definately works.

It's definately worth doing as a back up just in case. The male now is under his nest but not sure if he's been munching or not....can't see any eggs on the bottom so if there are any they are hopefully still in the nest.

Ooh how exciting!! I shall keep my fingers crossed that you get some wrigglers :) xx

Wow - missed this earlier - but they both look stunning and what superb pic's. Thanks :good:

Pity we're so far away, I'm sure one of those wrigglers would be a far better option than the poor things our lfs generally has in stock(although they did supply Tyson who was stunning bless)
Some of the Betta's members of this site have are truly gorgeous :wub:

Thanks Sarette & Pammy :good:

Mads....all looking ok today. Dad is still under his nest. Temp is at 30c so would expect them to start hatching within the next 12 hrs. Mum is looking great...no split fins. I've put some IAL in with her and she's just had some live brine shrimp. It's odd seeing her looking so slim lol

Oooh fantastic! Soooo exciting! Makes me want to get my next one done sooner rather than later :(

Yeah Mads.....you gotta do another :good:

Just managed to get a pic of some of the eggs in his nest.

IMG_2692-1.jpg

If I could just rid bfs bros tank then I would! And I need a girl for Bunsen..

But anyways, more importantly than that..

That picture is absolutely awesome!! Very well done! :wub:

Thanks Christi......been checking on him as much as possible without disturbing him and the eggs I photographed seem to have disappeared. Not sure if he's munched them or moved them because I was looking.

Not too worried if he has cos I still have the eggs in the tub. Tried to peek to see how they were doing and he zoomed across the tank flaring at me lol Will have a better idea tomorrow and will hopefully see some little tails.

I got that tip from you Newfishy when I had the problems with my dragon spawn :good: Ended up with 70+ fry so it definately works.

It's definately worth doing as a back up just in case. The male now is under his nest but not sure if he's been munching or not....can't see any eggs on the bottom so if there are any they are hopefully still in the nest.
70?? wow that is great:)

Most reactions

Back